Gigabyte Aorus Z490 Elite
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
4530s (XUO15UT) DVD not recognized

Question from a noob here. I've "successfully" installed 10.8.1 on my HP Probook 4530s (gotten past the 'boot 0' and 'still waiting for root device' issues) and it seems now that the CD/DVD drive only works when I boot in safe mode. Booting in normal mode shows no DVD available. I've searched the forums trying to find an answer to this problem, but have had no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Update: In safe mode, while the CD/DVD is indeed recognized, the machine becomes very slow and unstable when I try to use it.

Question from a noob here. I've "successfully" installed 10.8.1 on my HP Probook 4530s (gotten past the 'boot 0' and 'still waiting for root device' issues) and it seems now that the CD/DVD drive only works when I boot in safe mode. Booting in normal mode shows no DVD available. I've searched the forums trying to find an answer to this problem, but have had no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Update: In safe mode, while the CD/DVD is indeed recognized, the machine becomes very slow and unstable when I try to use it.

Was able to fix it using the these two kexts from Lion:

AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

And rebooting several times. Kext files found in post #23 of this thread:
Eject Button in ML

-bth

Just wanted to post and thank you for updating your original one with a fix. Nothing more annoying than a post where you just know they got it fixed and don't share.

This has been driving me nuts on my xou15t since upgrading to 10.8.

I installed the kexts and seems to work just fine. Took me two reboots, but I think the first time it did not work since my HP Expansion bay was not enabled in bios, once I enabled that then rebooted all was just fine.

I figured I'd return the favor and attach the files from the thread you linked.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext.zip
    2 KB · Views: 855
  • AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 959
Thanks for posting this fix! These two kexts make my drive visible and I'm having intermittent success reading DVDs. However, I'm still unable to read CDs/CDRs. The drive spins up and tries to read, but won't recognize any media aside from DVD films. Any thoughts?

I'm running F.0A BIOS.

Thanks, y'all!

Do I have to fix permissions and rebuild cache after I installed this kexts? thank you

Not if you use a kext utility like KextBeast.

-bth

Just wanted to post and thank you for updating your original one with a fix. Nothing more annoying than a post where you just know they got it fixed and don't share.

This has been driving me nuts on my xou15t since upgrading to 10.8.

I installed the kexts and seems to work just fine. Took me two reboots, but I think the first time it did not work since my HP Expansion bay was not enabled in bios, once I enabled that then rebooted all was just fine.

I figured I'd return the favor and attach the files from the thread you linked.

Thanks again!

Actually, the HW IDs in the first attachment (including the device definitions) are present in the second attachment, so using them both at the same time is pointless. You should install only AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext and it should work fine this way.

Just wanted to say even though this thread is quite old installing the kext's helped me :) Had to use KextBeast to install though. Now everything is running fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back