CPU
i3-2350M
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've been running Mountain Lion on my Probook i3 4530s for several days and today when I turned it on, I got "BootDevice Not Found." I am able to boot from the Unibeast USB and everything runs normally once I'm in 10.8.2.

The only strange thing I've done since the first install was to resize (enlarge) the main partition. Both partitions are MAC formatted and it ran just fine for a few days after doing that. I've checked the disk in Disk Utility and it says it's OK.

I searched for answers to this question but most of what I found is way too technical for me and I wonder if there is a simple solution that will allow me to save my data (I've got hours worth of audio samples).

What should my BIOS settings be? Can I run HP Probook Installer 6 again without losing data on the drive? Will that fix it? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

ProBook i3 4530s 4gigs ram

I've been running Mountain Lion on my Probook i3 4530s for several days and today when I turned it on, I got "BootDevice Not Found." I am able to boot from the Unibeast USB and everything runs normally once I'm in 10.8.2.

The only strange thing I've done since the first install was to resize (enlarge) the main partition. Both partitions are MAC formatted and it ran just fine for a few days after doing that. I've checked the disk in Disk Utility and it says it's OK.

I searched for answers to this question but most of what I found is way too technical for me and I wonder if there is a simple solution that will allow me to save my data (I've got hours worth of audio samples).

What should my BIOS settings be? Can I run HP Probook Installer 6 again without losing data on the drive? Will that fix it? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

ProBook i3 4530s 4gigs ram

download Chimera installer from the downloads section of the tonymac site onto your usb drive. after booting with your usb drive, run the chimera installer to re-install chimera on your hard disk. something has been corrupted on your HD, and hopefully it's just the chimera bootloader and not something more serious.

then, you need to go out and buy a backup drive. you can pick up an external USB hard drive for under $100. if you plan to use time machine (the easy way), buy an external HD twice the size of your probook HD, as time machine will do incremental backups which you need to have space for. (this suggestion will probably trigger several other suggestions of alternate backup methods.)

download Chimera installer from the downloads section of the tonymac site onto your usb drive. after booting with your usb drive, run the chimera installer to re-install chimera on your hard disk. something has been corrupted on your HD, and hopefully it's just the chimera bootloader and not something more serious.

then, you need to go out and buy a backup drive. you can pick up an external USB hard drive for under $100. if you plan to use time machine (the easy way), buy an external HD twice the size of your probook HD, as time machine will do incremental backups which you need to have space for. (this suggestion will probably trigger several other suggestions of alternate backup methods.)

Thank you faithie. Before I saw this I thought I would try re-running the ProBook 6 installer (the new beta) which some threads here say to run after the initial install. It's working again.

It's a challenge for a noob trying to sort out some of the apparently contradictory information on here. I'm not complaining of course, as this is an amazing resource, but sometimes the most basic question is the hardest to answer.

And yes, I've got a backup drive. Just wanted everything to be set up and running before I backed it up.

Thanks again

i am having this same issue. I have mavericks working perfectly with an external USB drive. When i install the drive internally the symbol with the line and circle show up. I have tried every thing i can think of. I installed it to a different drive with same results.

Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks..

i am having this same issue. I have mavericks working perfectly with an external USB drive. When i install the drive internally the symbol with the line and circle show up. I have tried every thing i can think of. I installed it to a different drive with same results.

Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks..

At what step of the guide are you on? You should really post in the Mavericks ProBook forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back