Contribute
Register

4530S WiFi whitelist

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigDonkey said:
opty said:
just ordered a 4530s probook which it comes with a ralink wireless card. found this card on ebay. it is for a compaq CQ62 laptop, since it is a Atheros 9285 i figure it should work.
will it work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250992485771&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

Probably not.
AR9285 for our laptop PN:593127-001 has different Subsystem ProductID than PN: 605560-005

168C:002B 103C:1461 <-----> 168C:002B 103C:3040

just as you predicted it was a no go. this Bios lock is a big pain in the neck. thanks HP :evil:

everything pretty much installed and working nicely except the wireless/Bluetooth.
i am still waiting for you to report back on that 518434-001 card. seems like someone else already tried it and it's a no go as well.

so what to try next?

I don't think there are much more to try. Even if I read somewhere that you can flash the mini PCI card with HP data in order to pass through the BIOS' whitelist, I suggest to buy from HP the Atheros card.

Inmike09 said:
Hey guys! I ordered the SPS# 582564-001 BCM943224HMS and I get the BIOS disabling it. Is there anything you would recommend I try?

@Inmike09
Can you provide some extra info? Was the card clearly marked as 582564-001 with label on it or just seller advertised compatibility?
Do you have another generic laptop or adapter to use for dumping VID/PID for the card?

opty said:
i am still waiting for you to report back on that 518434-001 card. seems like someone else already tried it and it's a no go as well.
Tracking shows card is here. I hope it will be delivered today.

opty said:
BigDonkey said:
opty said:
just ordered a 4530s probook which it comes with a ralink wireless card. found this card on ebay. it is for a compaq CQ62 laptop, since it is a Atheros 9285 i figure it should work.
will it work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250992485771&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

Probably not.
AR9285 for our laptop PN:593127-001 has different Subsystem ProductID than PN: 605560-005

168C:002B 103C:1461 <-----> 168C:002B 103C:3040

just as you predicted it was a no go. this Bios lock is a big pain in the neck. thanks HP :evil:

everything pretty much installed and working nicely except the wireless/Bluetooth.

so what to try next?

Unfortunately, since this is Atheros card, you can't do much (actually, you can't do nothing at all). All I know about the Atheros cards is that's relatively easy to change the WiFi region of the most Atheros cards, but I didn't heard for someone, who has managed to reprogram or rebrand such card so far. My advice is to wait for me or BigDonkey to confirm (or not) the compatibility of the Broadcom cards. At least we know so far, that the BCM94313 is passing the whitelist (BigDonkey's discovery, but our goal is BCM943224).

nikstar said:
I don't think there are much more to try. Even if I read somewhere that you can flash the mini PCI card with HP data in order to pass through the BIOS' whitelist...

That goes for the Broadcom cards, not for the Atheros.

thanks guys, i am patiently waiting for your lead.

i can always use the card in another PC, it only cost me $5 so no problem there.

which BCM94313 card is passing the BIOS whitelist? do you have a part number?

Edit: oh never mind i just reread BigDonkey's post where he mentioned this part number 600370-001. so no OS X drivers for that card

Bad news.
518434-001 not working. On boot instead of "error 104" I'm getting "Wireless Module not Supported 0702"

What's interesting all VID/PIDs 14e4:4353 103c:1509 match the whitelist. BIOS must have some additional checks implemented.

@philip_petev
I hope you have more luck with international version of the card.

That's exactly what happened with me @BigDonkey. I didn't get the VID, but the card was clearly marked as the one that you said was on the list. I got the exact same error.

Sorry for my English but I translated with google translator

Hello to all congratulations for the forum and your valuable information ... I have a HP notebook and I installed lion vers. retail updated to 10.7.3 perfectly successful, but I can not get from the Air Port with my broadcom 4313 card
reading on various forums I saw that it worked with Snow Leopard .... :(
you have any suggestion on this???
or some other card can be replaced with the current buypassare this problem??
thanks in advance
and good work!

ITALIANO
Ciao a tutti complimenti per il forum e le vostre preziose informazioni... possiedo un notebook HP e ho installato lion vers. retail aggiornato alla 10.7.3 perfettamente riuscito ma non riesco a far partire l'Air Port con la mia scheda broadcom 4313
leggendo sui vari forum ho visto che con snow leopard funzionava.... :(
avete qualche suggerimento in merito????
o qualche altra scheda da poter sostituire con l'attuale per buypassare questo problema???
Grazie anticipatamente
e buon lavoro!!

Scusate per il mio inglese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back