Contribute
Register

4530s Users who are skilled with DSDT- Come here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I have limited experience and have a few things I would like to accomplish via DSDT. First, I would love for us to be able to use appleacpiplatformmanager.kext.

This should be fairly easy to accomplish, just I don't quite understand it. We just need to do this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=272459

I'd do it myself, but I don't know where the corresponding parts in DSDT are.

Also, I was wondering if this would apply for us or not, I'm not super sure. Its native speedstep in DSDT: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 81631&st=0

I guess this would be different for all CPU's?

Let me know if any of you make any progress with it. If you do this, I would like the DSDT you have now, and the final versions, so I know what changes I need to make.

blueking said:
Hey guys. I have limited experience and have a few things I would like to accomplish via DSDT. First, I would love for us to be able to use appleacpiplatformmanager.kext.
Hi,I saw your message in Insanelymac and I`ve made the same changes that Zprood made in your dsdt ,but in Lion System Profiler/Power still generates errors.I wander is it working for you .

I'm actually unable to compile it. How did you make it compile?

Did you take all of his changes?

blueking said:
I'm actually unable to compile it. How did you make it compile?

Did you take all of his changes?
I think so.If you change
Store (Zero, B1B2)
AXC0
AXC1
with Store (Zero, B1B2(AXC0,AXC1)) you can compile it.But after saving and trying to compile the same errors comes again. :cry:

If you have F20, with only the hd 3000, please try this.

I think I got it!

Attachments

• F20.aml.zip
    47.3 KB · Views: 123
Thanks for the dsdt and the info. Now, I can see my battery info.
I have a different revision, so I went through your dsdt and made it as a patch.
One problem though, it compiled fine on the first try but when I reopened dsdt.aml gave me errors like this
Store (Zero, B1B2)
AXC0
AXC1
I repatched my dsdt with following changes.
Store (Zero, AXC0)
Store (Zero, AXC1)

Errors are gone, but I would love to hear from dsdt gurus if this was a correct way of clearing errors.
Here's my patch. It's pretty CPU intensive and takes good couple minutes to finish.

EDIT: New patch revision, better optimized.
viewtopic.php?p=251994#p251994

blueking said:
If you have F20, with only the hd 3000, please try this.

I think I got it!
Hi,my bios is F20,but I have radeon6470 and can`t use your dsdt.I found my mistake,after splitting all 16s and 32s I realized,that I haven`t installed AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext :oops: .

BigDonkey said:
Thanks for the dsdt and the info. Now, I can see my battery info.
I have a different revision, so I went through your dsdt and made it as a patch.
One problem though, it compiled fine on the first try but when I reopened dsdt.aml gave me errors like this
Store (Zero, B1B2)
AXC0
AXC1
I repatched my dsdt with following changes.
Store (Zero, AXC0)
Store (Zero, AXC1)

Errors are gone, but I would love to hear from dsdt gurus if this was a correct way of clearing errors.
Here's my patch. It's pretty CPU intensive and takes good couple minutes to finish.

I believe this is wrong. I think it needs to be patched like Store (Zero, B1B2 (AXC0, AXC1)) or something like that, doesn't it?

Thanks for the patch! That'll be helpful. After we figure out which way it needs to be patched, I will add that to the auto patcher.

blueking said:
I believe this is wrong. I think it needs to be patched like Store (Zero, B1B2 (AXC0, AXC1)) or something like that, doesn't it?
and that's what I did, however editor on reopen throws it out.
Original dsdt has statement like this

Store (Zero, MAXC) - store Zero into 16bit register MAXC ?

and since we are dividing MAXC into 8 bit registers AXC0 AXC1 I figured that would be the same.
Store (Zero, AXC0)
Store (Zero, AXC1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back