Contribute
Register

4530s Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know why the going price for an Intel i7 2630QM cpu on ebay would be going for way less than an i5??

You should check what type is this CPU. There are the ES (engineer sample) that they are cheaper but cannot be identify from the OS. This is no problem at windows side but it is serious problem at the Hackintosh side.

Thanks Nikstar i have bought a HP Probook 4530 S i7 2630 QM (LJ351UT) it came with windows 7 loaded ,but i am not being able to mackintosh it, how do i determine wether it is (ES) or not, i have not been able to boot into lion till now the only way i can boot in is to use -x and that gives me limited functionality,, can anyone help,,, this is my third hackintosh...thanks

gmukharji said:
Thanks Nikstar i have bought a HP Probook 4530 S i7 2630 QM (LJ351UT) it came with windows 7 loaded ,but i am not being able to mackintosh it, how do i determine wether it is (ES) or not, i have not been able to boot into lion till now the only way i can boot in is to use -x and that gives me limited functionality,, can anyone help,,, this is my third hackintosh...thanks

The ES CPU's are pre-realese versions. I f your machine came with that CPU, there is no way to be an ES. So don't worry about this.
Now for the other problem I do not now what to tell you. There is a topic for the 4730 and you maybe must ask this question there.

Thank you very much Nickstar for putting my doubt to rest, its been over a month since i have been trying to get this machin up and going but nothing seems to help,, maybe i will have to satisfy myself with windows 7

nikstar said:
You should check what type is this CPU. There are the ES (engineer sample) that they are cheaper but cannot be identify from the OS. This is no problem at windows side but it is serious problem at the Hackintosh side.

Is this confirmed by someone, who actually has one of these ES or it's just a rumor?

I have read a lot of hackintosher's experiences, having having hard time trying to make it work with no success. One of them is timohour an 4530s owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back