Contribute
Register

4530s Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Oct 19, 2010
Messages
43
Motherboard
Acer Swift 3 SF314-51
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
For the people who already swap the processor, I have a 4530s; Please, look at the picture and tell me if there is something under the red rectangle dots that can be broken (Cables) if a cut it. If I do this the CPU can be easy to swap ?
If I swap the CPU the same way other did(take a part lots of things) I would make this hole in case something goes wrong or decide to replace the CPU for better one in the future.
Do you think is possible ?
 

Attachments

  • cut.png
    cut.png
    694.8 KB · Views: 234
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
103
Motherboard
4530s
CPU
2310m
Graphics
intel hd 3000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Yes, you can cut that piece off with out damaging anything, but it won't do you any good. That copper wire is a heat pipe which if bent will break, and is attached to the fan. So it's not moveable without removing the fan. If you get that far in your disassembly, then it's 2 more steps for hp's recommended swap.

I did it all in under 30m, everything is very straight forword.

susono said:
For the people who already swap the processor, I have a 4530s; Please, look at the picture and tell me if there is something under the red rectangle dots that can be broken (Cables) if a cut it. If I do this the CPU can be easy to swap ?
If I swap the CPU the same way other did(take a part lots of things) I would make this hole in case something goes wrong or decide to replace the CPU for better one in the future.
Do you think is possible ?
 
Joined
Oct 19, 2010
Messages
43
Motherboard
Acer Swift 3 SF314-51
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Thanks for replay,
That's the information I want to know, Thanks. :)
 
Joined
Oct 15, 2011
Messages
13
Motherboard
GA-Z68XP-UD4
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
HD 6870
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Speaking of keyboards, how much different is the HP's the a MacBook's? Could this be a solution :problem:

Also, anybody can recommend a good place to buy an SSD Caddy for the optical drive?
 
Joined
Jun 19, 2010
Messages
665
Motherboard
4530s
CPU
i3 2330
Graphics
HD3000
Mac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
TwentyCent said:
Speaking of keyboards, how much different is the HP's the a MacBook's? Could this be a solution
What do you mean? To put a keyboard or part of it, of Macbook to 453s? No way!


TwentyCent said:
Also, anybody can recommend a good place to buy an SSD Caddy for the optical drive?
Ebay :)
 
Joined
Oct 15, 2011
Messages
13
Motherboard
GA-Z68XP-UD4
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
HD 6870
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Thanks for the answer. I quickly checked eBay, but couldn't find anything specific to a 4530 and/or 4430 and/or 4730 ... Do I need something specific?

About the keyboard, I thought maybe the keys could be swapped, depending on how much HP copied Apple for the design :lol:
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2011
Messages
1,137
Motherboard
HP Probook 4530s
CPU
i5-2410m
Graphics
HD3000 & Radeon 6490m
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
TwentyCent said:
Thanks for the answer. I quickly checked eBay, but couldn't find anything specific to a 4530 and/or 4430 and/or 4730 ... Do I need something specific?

About the keyboard, I thought maybe the keys could be swapped, depending on how much HP copied Apple for the design :lol:

See topic "a question about ssd's" or something like that, mine just arrived and it's perfect and cost £7 inc delivery from hong kong!
 
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
44
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Processor swap went well. Bye bye celeron hello i5! Running the install tomorrow. Wish me luck.
 
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
330
Motherboard
Dell Vostro 460
CPU
i7 2600
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6850
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
atriaventrica said:
Processor swap went well. Bye bye celeron hello i5! Running the install tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Awesome! I'll bet the celeron models are really cheap, and a great option if you're already planning on upgrading the proc from the i3 to an i5/i7
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top