HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Windows Phone
I saw at the web people that have been upgrade their CPU at the 4530s without problems.
So if someone needs more power (i7 CPU for example) there is a solution ;)

Also what do you think about this?
Do you think it will work under Lion?

nikstar said:
I saw at the web people that have been upgrade their CPU at the 4530s without problems.
So if someone needs more power (i7 CPU for example) there is a solution ;)

Also what do you think about this?
Do you think it will work under Lion?
Does this Vidock connects via USB :banghead:

No, it connects via express card slot.
It can not connected at USB Bus because of low speed. 480 mb/s in not enough.
And somewhere else I read they will make an adaptor via thunderbolt for the new Mac's

But 4530s don't have the express card slot :p

the express card slot is below the left-hand usb ports. push in on the plastic spacer and it pops out.

i have used it successfully with a firewire expresscard adapter.

It is Express Card 34. I ordered from ebay a express card adaptor to card reader and I hope it will work.
I have MS memory cards and I can not use internal card reader.

I have this exact memory card, and i do have the adapter for this card, but i don't know why i am unable to get it read with lion, although it read well in Win 7
http://www.memoryx.net/msproduo8gb.html

I am interested in upgrading my i3 to the i7, but I am not sure if the power needs are compatible. It says thermal design for the i7 is 45 watt while the i3 is 35 watts. Is this ok? Would a straight swap work?

Inmike09 said:
I am interested in upgrading my i3 to the i7, but I am not sure if the power needs are compatible. It says thermal design for the i7 is 45 watt while the i3 is 35 watts. Is this ok? Would a straight swap work?
I saw somewhere at the web, someone upgrade his CPU from i3 to i7. He post back everything was ok temps are 2-5 degrees higher than the i3. Power consumption probably was increased but I think this is not so big deal.
I'll try to find where I saw it and I post that site.

EDIT: Check here to see what I'm saying

So I just found this great deal on the i5-2430m. I bought it and now I'm so excited to upgrade from my i3-2310m. I still don't have discrete graphics, but I don't really care. Do you guys think that if I just straight swap the cpus I should be fine. Meaning, is anything going to get screwed up with the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext when I jump from an i3 to an i5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back