Contribute
Register

4530s updated to Yosemite crashes on wakeup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do I get this kext from? the IOath3kfrmwr.kext. Google gives me a github link, latest from 2013, that the one I should be using? I have the same problem he does.. removing BTFirmware stops the crashing but kills 3 of my USB ports and my bluetooth.

Give it a try: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Atheros-3k-Firmware

It may not help, but it is worth a try...

Note: Atheros AR3011 BT is not very good...

Give it a try: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Atheros-3k-Firmware

It may not help, but it is worth a try...

Note: Atheros AR3011 BT is not very good...

honestly, the bluetooth isnt important to me, I've had this laptop for 3+ years and never used it because it wasn't compatible with my previous 10.7 install, I just care about the USB ports. I'll get back to you though if it worked or not, so far seems like it did.

Update: in case anyone else is having this problem, that kext DID fix the problem for me. Laptop slept all night and woke up this morning just fine.

honestly, the bluetooth isnt important to me, I've had this laptop for 3+ years and never used it because it wasn't compatible with my previous 10.7 install, I just care about the USB ports. I'll get back to you though if it worked or not, so far seems like it did.

Update: in case anyone else is having this problem, that kext DID fix the problem for me. Laptop slept all night and woke up this morning just fine.

I have since had some better luck with my 4530s using the IOath3kfrmwr.kext. I don't need to keep the USB 3 "hot" with the mouse receiver inserted and, after running the latest Clover PBI, I have been able to sleep, wake, have BT, and so far no reboots after waking at the moment. The Atheros wifi and BT have always worked okay for me up until Yosemite.

I have since had some better luck with my 4530s using the IOath3kfrmwr.kext. I don't need to keep the USB 3 "hot" with the mouse receiver inserted and, after running the latest Clover PBI, I have been able to sleep, wake, have BT, and so far no reboots after waking at the moment. The Atheros wifi and BT have always worked okay for me up until Yosemite.

Today, the 4530s woke up with black screen, forcing me to hard reboot it. The BT did not work this time and the light remained amber. After turning the wifi button on and off a few times and rebooting, the light began to blink amber-white, and the BT worked. So, the IOath3kfrmwr.kext is probably not the way to go either.

Today, the 4530s woke up with black screen, forcing me to hard reboot it. The BT did not work this time and the light remained amber. After turning the wifi button on and off a few times and rebooting, the light began to blink amber-white, and the BT worked. So, the IOath3kfrmwr.kext is probably not the way to go either.

The way to go is to purchase a WiFi card without BT (eg. AR5BHB92/AR9280). Forget about AR3011 BT. It is just trouble.

Do you loose USB and Webcam functionality by removing BTFirmwareUploader.kext?

Do you loose USB and Webcam functionality by removing BTFirmwareUploader.kext?

Not if you don't have a BT device that requires firmware on the USB bus.

I have hp4530s and I have tried to remove BTFirmwareUploader.kext for the 2nd time, and I experience the same problem as before. Webcam and USB ports are constantly switching on/off, putting back .kext solves this problem, but my computer crashes on every wakeup :confused: Any solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back