Contribute
Register

4530s replaced CPU to i7 and lost sound?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z77-ds3h
CPU
i5 - 3330
Graphics
intel hd2000
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello, this is driving me crazy,
Today i replaced the old i3 with the i7 2670QM (huge boost :) ) and for no reason i lost the sound.
I use same method CLover for booting but ofcourse i had to repatch my DSDT and SSDT otherwise no boot.
It is driving me crazy for at least 6hrs now, i do not even remember what was my old method to get sound on this laptop but i am sure was something easy.

Any ideas?!

Thanks

Hello, this is driving me crazy,
Today i replaced the old i3 with the i7 2670QM (huge boost :) ) and for no reason i lost the sound.
I use same method CLover for booting but ofcourse i had to repatch my DSDT and SSDT otherwise no boot.
It is driving me crazy for at least 6hrs now, i do not even remember what was my old method to get sound on this laptop but i am sure was something easy.

Any ideas?!

Thanks

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

RehabMan i will post necessary files asap for now i just thought that i might lost something and somebody could give a fast tip.
voodoohda is working ok now that i've tried but i do not want to use this method, i prefer vanilla stuff since looong time ago :)

anyway i forgot to reply that i have fixed the problem. no complicated solution cause not much time so i just tried the hp probook installer again and everything works smooth again. I was hoping a little bit higher scores on geekbench 2670QM (gives 7200) but ok laptop is faster and temps are normal (40C idle / 70C full cpu load) .

I have one question about speedstep so i will open a new thread, i hope is not a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back