Contribute
Register

4530s ONLY SHOWING GUEST LOGIN I need help bad! not sure if it can be fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all,

Basically my 4530s has worked fine for a long time, I have set it up myself and haven't changed anything since 10.9.5 cos I didn't want a performance decrease (not even sure if it would if I went to mavericks or higher).

Its worked fine for a long time till the other day I didn't shut down properly and when I stared it it get a grey screen then eventually I get guest login only (the option for my account is not there). Im using it now as guest mode and heres where it gets tricky....I went to go re install multi beast or the pro book installer (I have very old versions on my boot USB as my osx version is old) and as I can only use guest mode it asks for admin login and password to make changes or install anything!

When I type in my correct username/password it stalls then basically says its wrong and I know my admin username and pw are correct!!! If I type random nonsense in its instantly says no but when I use the correct login and pw it hesitates and still docent work. (when I say it says no I mean the dialogue box wiggles like on all Macs)

No matter what I do I can only get a Guest login to appear, Boot, Boot Verbose, Single User ext

so to sum it up:
When powered on I can only see a Guest login
When I go into and try to change anything needing an admin PW it won't cos its as if my user profile is gone.
How can I fix this?

My data is still there as when I check the volume size its full of crap I just can't access it in guest mode.

I will be so greatful and thanks in advance!! :)

so to sum it up:
When powered on I can only see a Guest login
When I go into and try to change anything needing an admin PW it won't cos its as if my user profile is gone.
How can I fix this?

My data is still there as when I check the volume size its full of crap I just can't access it in guest mode.

I will be so greatful and thanks in advance!! :)

Make a copy/backup of your data somewhere. Do a fresh install. Restore your data/applications/etc.

This is the thing, I can't get into my data.., only way I could think to do so is take the drive out and put it in an external case cos guest user won't let me access the data (protected by admin p/word). If this is the case should I move to a 10.10? Would it affect performance? Also thank you for the reply I really appreciate it.

This is the thing, I can't get into my data.., only way I could think to do so is take the drive out and put it in an external case

That's exactly what you should do.

Ok, thought so. I could just use my old boot USB I made originally? It's just been a long time is all. Way out of practice. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back