Contribute
Register

4530s Bugs fixed? External TFT, Brightness, MicIN, lines ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Bios F.0A
CPU
i3-2350M
Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there,

just a shot one:

Are those bugs fixed and were do I find the solutions?

- LineIN / MicIN not working
- HD 3000: TFT-Screen on HDMI, when closing the lid of the Probook the TFT will stay black. When opening back the Lid, the internal Screen will go flickering. Unplugging the HDMI Cable and Plug it back in will do the trick and everything is fine.
- Brightness will only work right when sending Screen to sleep once
- Once in a while there are lines on the Screen. Maximizing the Windows will sometimes work. Graphic gliches already checked in Multibeast. Does not really help.
- What did i miss and what is the solution for it?

Thanks a lot everybody!

Hi there,

just a shot one:

Are those bugs fixed and were do I find the solutions?

- HD 3000: TFT-Screen on HDMI, when closing the lid of the Probook the TFT will stay black. When opening back the Lid, the internal Screen will go flickering. Unplugging the HDMI Cable and Plug it back in will do the trick and everything is fine.
- Once in a while there are lines on the Screen. Maximizing the Windows will sometimes work. Graphic gliches already checked in Multibeast. Does not really help.
- What did i miss and what is the solution for it?

Thanks a lot everybody!

just a short one, did you use rehabmans guide? if yes, which part did you not do.

Some users report success if Stereo microphone is used.

Brightness will only work right when sending Screen to sleep once
Still not fixed. It's not 4530S specific. Many of modern laptops suffers from that.

Once in a while there are lines on the Screen. Maximizing the Windows will sometimes work. Graphic gliches already checked in Multibeast. Does not really help.
I haven't seen one in very long time. Using latest BIOS and I reset laptop after any hardware change/addition. Only bulletproof method for lines is not to use more than 4GB of RAM.

I believe LineIn has been shown to work with a stereo connection, but not mono. For a mono source, I would imagine you could simply use a reverse-Y adapter.

I've never seen this with mine. If you don't need VGA, you might consider trying vanilla AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.

No fix for this. Easy work around is to setup a hot corner to sleep display.

Generally, we don't use Multibeast on the Probook -- we use the Probook Installer. And if you haven't already, you should patch your own DSDT and install it to /Extra/dsdt.aml. Many people have found they are glitch free using their own patched DSDT. I see them occasionally, but they are always after running a different OS (ie. after warm boot from being in Windows or Linux -- a simple reset fixes them).

Guys you are right. Sure i am using ProbookInstaller, not multibeast.

I totally patched my own DSDT.

Where do i find the right vanilla AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext?
What if i want to go back?

Thanks a lot everyone!

Guys you are right. Sure i am using ProbookInstaller, not multibeast.

I totally patched my own DSDT.

Where do i find the right vanilla AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext?
What if i want to go back?

Thanks a lot everyone!

If you used a recent version of the Probook Installer on a fresh install, you have it on your desktop in the "Installer Backups" folder. Otherwise you have to go to your Unibeast USB (assuming it is a 10.8.2). If you want to go back, you make a backup of the one you have (or check the box in Kext Wizard to make the backup for you).

And for the glitches, you should try a reset: shutdown, remove battery, remove a/c power, hold power button down for 60sec, then put everything back and restart into OS X. That usually makes glitches go away until the next time you run another OS, or until you run with a DSDT that is not your own. At least that's what I find...

Thanks guys, could you please try this:
Boot the Probook with Lid of the Probook open and external screen with HDMI connected.
You should have an extended dektop, nicely working.
Now close the Lid of the Probook!

What i get is a black external Screen.
If i unplug and replug the HDMI-Cable, everything is fine untill next reboot.
I would like to stay with HDMI and VGA possibilities.

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext works fine but i lose VGA-Support.

FYI: It is now a different Probook with a clean installation. Same thing.

Any fix for this? Would be so awesome.

Thanks

Thanks guys, could you please try this:
Boot the Probook with Lid of the Probook open and external screen with HDMI connected.
You should have an extended dektop, nicely working.
Now close the Lid of the Probook!

What i get is a black external Screen.
If i unplug and replug the HDMI-Cable, everything is fine untill next reboot.
I would like to stay with HDMI and VGA possibilities.

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext works fine but i lose VGA-Support.

FYI: It is now a different Probook with a clean installation. Same thing.

Any fix for this? Would be so awesome.

Thanks

I think your laptop is probably going to sleep when you close the lid. Normal behavior for a Mac.
I use 'NoSleep' so I can make it not sleep with AC power.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext works fine but i lose VGA-Support."

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext is always used for 4x30s. VGA depends on which one you use (patched or not).

Hey RehabMan, thanks for your reply.

What i meant is that with vanilla AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext it seems to be working fine. But i lose VGA support, like you said. I don't like that.

The Laptop is not going to sleep, when a external Screen is plugged. If it would be going to sleep, i would have to press the Power button again, but i dont. I just unplug the HDMI Cable and plug it back in, that will do the trick but its pretty annoying and not good for the ports.

Thanks a lot!

Hey RehabMan, thanks for your reply.

What i meant is that with vanilla AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext it seems to be working fine. But i lose VGA support, like you said. I don't like that.

The Laptop is not going to sleep, when a external Screen is plugged. If it would be going to sleep, i would have to press the Power button again, but i dont. I just unplug the HDMI Cable and plug it back in, that will do the trick but its pretty annoying and not good for the ports.

Thanks a lot!

OK. Better HDMI reliability is why I use vanilla... I think VGA will always be a bit flakey. I've read the posts describing the patch process and the problem is there is a lot of information that just isn't understood completely (common with binary patches), so it is not surprising that hacking these bits breaks other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back