Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all,

First thread here, been using this site for a while now and if it wasn't for all the great people and resources in the community my hackintosh curiosities my have never been satisfied.

So i have a 4530s, the i5 with discrete radeon card that dont work ( although i hear someone in china did)

My biggest issue, is that i want to use 2 external displays - VGA out and HDMI out.

If i connected them both at the same time, the built in display gets all weird, i can mirror all displays and it will allow me to edit system pref monitor arrangements, but as soon as i uncheck mirror it basically loses my cursor somewhere and menu bar disappears. im sure its not in the field of view.

i can work just fine with either VGA out or HDMI out ( single interface only, as soon as both are plugged it everything goes hay wire, also i have been able to get mirroring on both external displays at once, Ive tried various sleeping methods mentioned on the forums as well)

So basically Clamshell mode with two external displays is my goal, i can do without the built in display showing up, but im really just focused on getting extended dual external displays.:crazy:

I have the display menu from the app store installed, and it does recognize bother displays when i plug them in and then mirror everything so i can see what is going on on my main screen.

I guess my first question is, has anyone been able to get this to work on 10.8? Im planning on upgrading to 10.9.1 this weekend and starting fresh and i hear they have some radeon video support in that OS upgrade!

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.29 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B27
SMC Version (system): 1.30f3
Serial Number (system): C02GRASJDV13
Hardware UUID: BB5C4CA9-B32B-5180-9B09-23E108AB808E

Intel HD Graphics 3000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 3000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0116
Revision ID: 0x0009
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1366 x 768
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
G215HV:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: LS50D001851A
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported

Thanks in advanced! please let me know if there is any other info i can provide.

Hi!

Yeah, I considerably agree that you should update your system to 10.9. Because they do a lot to fix the multi-monitor issues. So it's worth trying!

And I've a discrete AMD card too. So if you're able to get it work, I would be appreciated :). I've tried to work in that direction, but what I've done it's get to work card only with external monitor, but with some issues which I don't recall. It was a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back