Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 4530s
CPU
i3-2350M
Graphics
HD 3000
HP 4530s chimera/chameleon 10.6.8 and going to try unibeast 6.0 installation method for el capitan after I finish downloading.

I'm not sure where to post troubleshooting as there is no thread specifically for 4530s el capitan yet. AFAIK this unibeast method will convert me to clover in the process? I should expect some drama with the big jump from 10.6.8 to 10.11 as well? I guess I'm waiting for someone to talk me out of it or hopefully there is another 4530 guy or gal doing the same!

HP 4530s chimera/chameleon 10.6.8 and going to try unibeast 6.0 installation method for el capitan after I finish downloading.

I'm not sure where to post troubleshooting as there is no thread specifically for 4530s el capitan yet. AFAIK this unibeast method will convert me to clover in the process? I should expect some drama with the big jump from 10.6.8 to 10.11 as well? I guess I'm waiting for someone to talk me out of it or hopefully there is another 4530 guy or gal doing the same!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-hp-elitebook-probook-others-clover-uefi.html

thanks! booted into install off USB, selected language, and formatted drive. Currently stuck because I cannot get the atheros wifi card to be recognized. I have the correct atheros AR5B195 that as far as I know is HP per "p/n HP" on back of card. I pulled card from my other 4530s (10.6.8) which was working with this card like a normal wifi card.

Is it possible I have a bad wifi card slot on motherboard? This 4530s I'm upgrading to El Capitan was previously using airlink USB. I pulled atheros AR5B195 from my other working 4530s (10.6.8) and installed it just now, but never tried it on this 4530s as I was using airlink USB.

Maybe I do not have an HP branded version? I have been searching for a more "official" version of my atheros AR5B195 card but as far as I can tell it is the HP one. As mentioned, it works in my other 4530s (10.6.8). Doesn't this validate that it is the official HP version?

thanks! booted into install off USB, selected language, and formatted drive. Currently stuck because I cannot get the atheros wifi card to be recognized. I have the correct atheros AR5B195 that as far as I know is HP per "p/n HP" on back of card. I pulled card from my other 4530s (10.6.8) which was working with this card like a normal wifi card.

Is it possible I have a bad wifi card slot on motherboard? This 4530s I'm upgrading to El Capitan was previously using airlink USB. I pulled atheros AR5B195 from my other working 4530s (10.6.8) and installed it just now, but never tried it on this 4530s as I was using airlink USB.

Maybe I do not have an HP branded version? I have been searching for a more "official" version of my atheros AR5B195 card but as far as I can tell it is the HP one. As mentioned, it works in my other 4530s (10.6.8). Doesn't this validate that it is the official HP version?

PBI-CE will install the needed kexts for your WiFi/BT.

PBI-CE will install the needed kexts for your WiFi/BT.

I see PBI-CE steps listed below in the guide but not until step 13 (for non-yosemite/ non-clover folk)...

Procedure to update from Yosemite
to El Capitan

1. Press F4 at Clover screen.

2. Run latest PBI CE and update Clover, kexts, DSDT, config.

I have not made it past step 6 in the "Install 10.11 beta on HP Probook with Clover guide" as I cannot install El Capitan to my partition without wifi.

My options after selecting "english" are: restore from time machine, reinstall os x, get help online, or disk utility. I choose reinstall os x and it says I need a wifi connection.

I think you are suggesting that I somehow run PBI-CE before continuing to get my wifi to show up on install, but I am uncertain as to process. Press F4 at clover screen before attempting to install El Capitan? Run PBI-CE on the USB drive or my newly partitioned primary OS drive? How?

As a stroke of bad luck, I've also managed to get an HP maintenance mode: Product Information Not Valid sequence. I guess I'll have to tattoo/burn back in my system serial/ info before continuing. Someone else in 4530s community dealt with this issue at link below.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-not-valid-error-message-system-start-up.html

UPDATE: skipping product information not valid stuff for now and continuing work on installing EL Capitan. Plugged in ethernet cable to maybe skip wifi problems. After clicking continue on set up installation of 10.11 "could not find installation information for this machine contact apple care"

I wonder if I have an issue using a new SSD instead of my old SSD? Doesn't seem like that is the case though.

I have not made it past step 6 in the "Install 10.11 beta on HP Probook with Clover guide" as I cannot install El Capitan to my partition without wifi.

If you already have Yosemite, have compatible WiFi hardware installed, and have run PBI-CE, your WiFi should already be working.

Perhaps you neglected to install compatible WiFi hardware?

If you already have Yosemite, have compatible WiFi hardware installed, and have run PBI-CE, your WiFi should already be working.

Perhaps you neglected to install compatible WiFi hardware?

No Yosemite here. Just Snow Leopard. Thought its about time to update and was trying to skip all the drama in between. I really appreciate your responses RehabMan... not sure how you are able to be everywhere but yet it seems you are.

No Yosemite here. Just Snow Leopard. Thought its about time to update and was trying to skip all the drama in between. I really appreciate your responses RehabMan... not sure how you are able to be everywhere but yet it seems you are.

Download 10.11 on Snow Leopard. Create USB from there.

Download 10.11 on Snow Leopard. Create USB from there.

Yes that was the process I followed per the guide and the USB created is the one I'm using. Do you think my "maintenance mode/product information not valid" situation is not allowing access to Apple's OS X Recovery servers to verify my Apple ID?

Yes that was the process I followed per the guide and the USB created is the one I'm using. Do you think my "maintenance mode/product information not valid" situation is not allowing access to Apple's OS X Recovery servers to verify my Apple ID?

I'm not sure what you're trying to do...

Just guessing... You have moved on to 10.10 or 10.11, but you didn't create the USB correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back