Contribute
Register

4530s 10.6.8 SL chameleon/chimera update to 10.11 El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what you're trying to do...

Just guessing... You have moved on to 10.10 or 10.11, but you didn't create the USB correctly.

OK thanks. Maybe I should move to 10.10 first.

I'll go back over the process a few more times this weekend and make sure I'm not making any mistakes creating the USB. My plan was to go from 10.6.8 straight to 10.11. I have downloaded via app store and created the usb accordingly. Everything up to the installation works according to guide. But after selecting "reinstall os x el capitan" I get "could not find installation information for this machine contact apple care."

OK thanks. Maybe I should move to 10.10 first.

I'll go back over the process a few more times this weekend and make sure I'm not making any mistakes creating the USB. My plan was to go from 10.6.8 straight to 10.11. I have downloaded via app store and created the usb accordingly. Everything up to the installation works according to guide. But after selecting "reinstall os x el capitan" I get "could not find installation information for this machine contact apple care."

You cannot use the "reinstall" option on a hack.

Refer to the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

You cannot use the "reinstall" option on a hack.

Refer to the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Success! Rehabman, Thanks for link to Clover guide and pointing out my problem with a dead end on "reinstall" option!

The BaseBinaries clone method from guide "Booting the OS X installer on Laptops with Clover" was what I needed. Then after installation I ran PBI-CE.

I am still working to get audio... not sure if I should try CloverALC-110 script?

Success! Rehabman, Thanks for link to Clover guide and pointing out my problem with a dead end on "reinstall" option!

The BaseBinaries clone method from guide "Booting the OS X installer on Laptops with Clover" was what I needed. Then after installation I ran PBI-CE.

I am still working to get audio... not sure if I should try CloverALC-110 script?

Audio will work after using PBI-CE. Make sure you follow step #14 for rebuilding cache properly.

Ok thanks all good with audio. Repair permissions is now implied as first aid function in Disk Utility 10.11. Spacebar in clover boot-up for boot without caches. Some Kext Wizard functions supposedly do not work in 10.11, but "rebuild caches" works fine.

Ok thanks all good with audio. Repair permissions is now implied as first aid function in Disk Utility 10.11. Spacebar in clover boot-up for boot without caches. Some Kext Wizard functions supposedly do not work in 10.11, but "rebuild caches" works fine.

Simple/supported way to rebuild caches:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Audio will work after using PBI-CE. Make sure you follow step #14 for rebuilding cache properly.

Just updated from 10.11.1 to 10.11.4 and audio broke on this 4530s build. I followed step #14 again, but it did not work this time. Do I need the Toleda Clover Audio ALC 110 or is there something else that is a preferred fix?

thanks!

Thanks for your response and FIX guide!... post #22 of that thread helped as well.

I would also recommend you follow the new guide. Going forward, it is the only guide I will support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back