Contribute
Register

4330 showing at 800mhz? (798) (i3 2310m)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H97M-D3H (rev. 1.0)
CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
Intel® HD Graphics 4600
Hi,
I have installed ML with latest Unibeast and used latest Probook installer from the other thread.
I have chosen all the options I need and everything is working fine as it was in 10.7.4.

However, when I go to About this Mac it says "Processor 800 MHz Intel Core i3"
I am using 8,1 Macbook plist.
I tried to load up some HD videos on Youtube and I heard my fan going on higher RPM but the message stays at 800 MHz in about this mac.

I have also ran Geekbench 64bit and I get a lower results from what I had in Lion. Geekbench correctly shows Macbook 8,1 and IntelCore i3 @ 2.10 GHz on main screen, but after running the benchmark I get score of 5027 and the following:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz
Processor Frequency 798 MHz

My bdmesg reads:

Chimera 1.11.0 (svn-r1394) [2012-07-20 08:32:13]
CPU: Brand String: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz
CPU: Vendor: 0x756e6547
CPU: Family / ExtFamily: 0x6 / 0x0
CPU: Model / ExtModel / Stepping: 0x2a / 0x2 / 0x7
CPU: Number of Cores / Threads: 2 / 4
CPU: Features: 0x000002ff
CPU: TSC Frequency: 2095 MHz
CPU: FSB Frequency: 99 MHz
CPU: CPU Frequency: 798 MHz
CPU: Minimum Bus Ratio: 8
CPU: Maximum Bus Ratio: 21
CPU: Current Bus Ratio: 8

ProcessorInformation:
socketDesignation: CPU 1
processorType: 3
processorFamily: 0xCE
manufacturer: Intel(R) Corporation
processorID: 0x206A7
processorVersion: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz
externalClock: 99MHz
maximumClock: 798MHz
currentClock: 2100MHz
serialNumber: Ò.
assetTag: Intel(R) Genuine processor
partNumber: Ò.

Should I be worried?

I already had ssdt.aml installed in /Extra from the Probook installer, but just in case I did copy the one you recommended and renamed it.
Nothing changed though. Still showing 800Mhz.

at the end of bdmesg i see this:

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/DSDT.aml] 144855 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/SSDT.aml] 721 bytes.
ACPI table not found: SSDT-1.aml
FADT: Restart Fix applied!
FADT: Using custom DSDT!
RSDT: Added 1 SSDT table(s)
FADT: Restart Fix applied!
FADT: Using custom DSDT!
Added 1 SSDT table(s) into XSDT

I have no idea if this is relevant, was just posting everything I see associated with my CPU during boot.

There's certainly something different about your install... Is this a clean install? What DSDT.aml are you using? Is Lion still on a different partition? If so, does the Lion partition have an /Extra/dsdt.aml and /Extra/ssdt.aml? If so, where are they from?

But still, your GeekBench score is about right for i3-2310.

This is a fresh install and I am using the DSDT from the Probook installer. The correct one for my F0A bios.

Lion partition is backed up on external USB hard drive, but it has nothing to do with it, cause I unplug it on reboot. Else I get some boot0 error.
I have tried without plugging the external HDD at all - no change.

This is a fresh install and I am using the DSDT from the Probook installer. The correct one for my F0A bios.

Lion partition is backed up on external USB hard drive, but it has nothing to do with it, cause I unplug it on reboot. Else I get some boot0 error.

Hmmm... Don't know. Have you tried it again, just to make sure you selected all the correct options?
You might consider updating your BIOS though. I always try to run the latest supported version, currently F.20.

I have the same BIOS version as you (F0A) and my system is working fine but my processor is i3-2350m. Which model 4530 do you have? Try adding these lines to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist in /Extra/ and see if it works.

<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

and use "HWMonitor" in the Tool section (you can get it from the HP Probook Installer) to see if your cpu is speed-stepping properly.

I have 4330, not 4530.
I tested hwmonitor.app last night, it shows rapid changes in multiplier, so I guess everything is fine.
The only thing that bothers me is the "About this mac" window, which constantly shows 800 MHz i3, no matter what.

I have 4330, not 4530.
I tested hwmonitor.app last night, it shows rapid changes in multiplier, so I guess everything is fine.
The only thing that bothers me is the "About this mac" window, which constantly shows 800 MHz i3, no matter what.

Ahh, it's just a cosmetic thing then :)

I believe I found the solution by accident.
Shut down your notebook.
Remove battery and AC power.
Hold down the power button for over 1 minute.
Replace the battery and boot on battery only.
Go to BIOS and load defaults.

And now I have it showing correctly as i3 2.1 GHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back