1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
4 monitors HELP - Need to use both Nvidia and onboard HD400

Hey guys,

Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
CPU: Intel i7 3770K 3.5GHz (HD4000 built in)
GPU: GeForce GTX 650 (3 inputs)

I just updated to Mavericks 10.9.4 today and looking to use all 4 monitors.
Currently I'm using 3 monitors by plugging all 3 into the GTX650. I've been reading that you can also utilize the onboard HD4000 as well?

- I've installed the graphics driver in Multibeast "Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Configuration" but didn't work
- I plugged the 4th monitor onto the motherboard's HDMI/DVI/VGA but none of it works.
- I've tried enabling "iGPU Multi-Monitor" mode in the BIOS but this didn't work.
- I've also set the "Primary Display" to iGPU in BIOS but this freezes the screen after startup and makes the startup process take 10x longer.

Can someone tell me what I need to do? :banghead:

To clarify, the 3 monitors connected to Nvidia card are working fine. Just the 1 monitor connected via HDMI to the onboard port doesn't come up (no signal detected).

My alternatives are to either buy a GPU that has 4 inputs or another GPU similar to my current one -- however, I'd like to utilize the onboard gfx since it's already there.

Or maybe can the GTX650 support 4 inputs via a DVI splitter?

Please help!!

Your question suggests you are trying to output the same video stream to four monitors simultaneously?
I will not ask why.
I believe VGA splitter cables are still available as the cheapest option but I do not know how well they work in practice.
There are software utilities to do what you want in Windows but they significantly impact the outboard GPU in my experience. Since

Your question suggests you are trying to output the same video stream to four monitors simultaneously?
I will not ask why.
I believe VGA splitter cables are still available as the cheapest option but I do not know how well they work in practice.
There are software utilities to do what you want in Windows but they significantly impact the outboard GPU in my experience. Since

I am trying to use 4 different monitors on my hackintosh - not mirroring them.

I didn't know VGA would work on mac? But i'll try it out if i get desperate enough.

I've been using different boots with GraphicsEnabler and IGPEnabler but no luck thus far.

I think the problem has something to do with the kext? but i have no idea on what to do.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2014-09-02 at 6.41.59 PM.png

This is my info right now. I'm not sure why the HD4000 isn't in the Graphics/Displays? It only detects my GTX650.

View attachment 103275

This is my info right now. I'm not sure why the HD4000 isn't in the Graphics/Displays? It only detects my GTX650.
You need to go into the bios and select the IGPU to initiate first as the primary then connect a monitor to it VGA is not supported under Mac OS X leave all other monitor connected then boot with these boot flags
GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes
you may want to have a look at this thread for more info
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...lags-igpenabler-igplatformid-igpdeviceid.html

Carpentryplus25, thanks for your suggestion.

I tried exactly what you said but it loads to the white apple screen then it gets stuck.

I've tried setting iGPU memory at 32 and 64MB and the following boot commands with always getting stuck at the white apple screen.

GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=0166000A
GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=0166000B
GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=0166000A IGPDeviceID=0412
GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=0166000B IGPDeviceID=0412

BIOS - iGPU.JPG
I've also tried enabling iGPU Multi-Monitor but it also gets stuck at the white apple screen.

Thanks

What system definitions do you have according to toleda's guide you have to have specific ones have a look at his guide for more info I did however have a problem once no being able to get my multi monitors to work in clover with any system definition other than Mac Pro 3,1 but I think that was a clover issue only what boot loader are you using

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back