Contribute
Register

.4 Combo update fine, Appstore Killed it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer name and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
I5 2300
Graphics
GTX 460
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all I did the 10.8.4 with the combo update, I always do easy beast and read before updates... But the appstore kept saying the .4 update was avalable and it was annoying so I didnt do anything about it for a week or so cos at the end of the day its a red dot and the occasional popup. Again i got the latest MB and ticked EB, only change i made was a boot load screen theme this time and it did its restart and now its dead.

If some one can have a look at the attached pics and let me know how i can get back in and fix it Id be one happy girl

Also you'll notice one pic where it looks like its trying to load what i assume is the data it just down loaded but it just loads the bar and then stays on the same screen

Emmy XoX

Attachments

• 1084fail.zip
    11 MB · Views: 85
Hi all I did the 10.8.4 with the combo update, I always do easy beast and read before updates... But the appstore kept saying the .4 update was avalable and it was annoying so I didnt do anything about it for a week or so cos at the end of the day its a red dot and the occasional popup. Again i got the latest MB and ticked EB, only change i made was a boot load screen theme this time and it did its restart and now its dead.

If some one can have a look at the attached pics and let me know how i can get back in and fix it Id be one happy girl

Also you'll notice one pic where it looks like its trying to load what i assume is the data it just down loaded but it just loads the bar and then stays on the same screen

Emmy XoX

My comments:

- You need to fully describe your hardware
- That looks like a safe mode boot...
- There is a lot of "Sound assertions" from AppleHDA.kext. You might try removing it. Deal with non-working sound later.
- How did you originally install?
- Realize that after an update, you must re-install drivers from Multibeast, those items which the update overwrote.
- Have you tried booting your system using your Unibeast USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back