2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
MultiBeast 4.1 gives me a CMOS reset everytime, even with fakeSMC, EvOreboot, and ElliottForceLegacyRTC. Was working fine until 4.1.

I've got A EVGA E760, can anyone shed some light on what I should try to get this working?

my friend hack geting same cmos reset , 10.7.2 i3 2100 with h61m-d2-b3 rev 1.0 bios f7 hd 6850

You have to patch AppleRTC.kext. Run Terminal and copy and paste the following into the Terminal and hit Enter.

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

After that i would run run Kext Wizard and repair permissions and rebuild the kextcache or run Multibeast with just System Utilities ticked

thanks karacho :headbang:

karacho said:
Which OS you use? Lion or SL? Because u use MB 4.1 i assume u use Lion?

Lion 10.7.2.
karacho said:
You have to patch AppleRTC.kext. Run Terminal and copy and paste the following into the Terminal and hit Enter.

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

After that i would run run Kext Wizard and repair permissions and rebuild the kextcache or run Multibeast with just System Utilities ticked
Will try that now.

Thanks.
Should I reinstall all the kexts too or just do a Easybeast install?

karacho said:
Not to mention guys, you're welcome

Okay this worked. Thanks Karacho!

This is interesting. I am having similar issues with CMOS Reset. I just upgraded to Lion 10.7.2 (clean install) using Multibeast 4.1
Will this work with my motherboard too? GA-P55M-UD4 F9

What is the command doing? Will it be part of a future multibeast update?

I am cautious of entering things into the terminal without understanding what they are doing.

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back