Contribute
Register

3rd Party USB 3.0 - GenericUSBXHCI.kext Working in 10.11.2+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it work on 10.12.4? And will it enable usb 3.0 on my x79 Sabertooth? It runs the ASmedia 10** (not sure exactly which one) chipset.
Use IORegistryExplorer.app or ioreg command line to get the vendor ID and device ID of the USB controller.

Use IORegistryExplorer.app or ioreg command line to get the vendor ID and device ID of the USB controller.

It's a lot easier to use DPCIManager to get this info

how would I do that? I'm new to this and am not sure what to do...

Here is a link to DPCIManager it will show you the info you need

It's a lot easier to use DPCIManager to get this info

Thanks, but I think I got it working somehow. I used multibeast to select 3rd party USB, and it worked... I'm not sure if it will stay after a reboot, but hopefully it will...

Here is a link to DPCIManager it will show you the info you need

Do you know how to get clover to auto boot to a drive tho? In clover configurator it's set to machdd, but it doesn't auto boot...

Do you know how to get clover to auto boot to a drive tho? In clover configurator it's set to machdd, but it doesn't auto boot...

Upload your clover folder and omit themes and I'll have a look at it. Or point me to the thread with it.

Hello,

Can't find anything close to my problem, sorry if it's already been covered but with the 3rd party USB 3.0 kext installed, USB 3.0 is indeed working but osx crashes as soon as i pluging any USB device into any of the USB 2.0 port. Any idea how to fix this ?

Thanks

Hello,

Can't find anything close to my problem, sorry if it's already been covered but with the 3rd party USB 3.0 kext installed, USB 3.0 is indeed working but osx crashes as soon as i pluging any USB device into any of the USB 2.0 port. Any idea how to fix this ?

Thanks

For the hardware in your profile?
If so... 7-series chipset USB3 is native.
And your laptop has a guide...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back