Contribute
Register

3rd Party USB 3.0 - GenericUSBXHCI.kext Working in 10.11.2+

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd Party USB 3.0 - GenericUSBXHCI.kext Working in 10.11.2

Tried this out and all seems well. Prior to this kext being installed I did notice all ports seemed to be working on a GA Z77X UD 5 TH - was this because of the latest security fix? Could of sworn some weren't before it.

btw: So I Installed the GenericUSBXHCI.kext into L/E and open up the system profile to see whats going on under the USB section quickly. I couldn't notice any problems apart from the odd freeze on the Intel ports if you switched a mouse from one 3rd party to the intels. Putting the mouse back into the 3rd party port (via Labs), closing down USB System Profiler. then switching the mouse to Intel again, opening up Sys Prof/USB seemed to fix the freeze.

Installed GenericUSBXHCI.kext version 1.2.11 in L/E using kext beast.
After boot it automatically restarted (this is normal? I've seen this more)

:) Then it finally saw an USB stick in the VIA VL800 USB ports. Mounted a bit slow, but Blackmagic Speed test shows normal speed's.

:( It doesn't see my Epson V500 scanner. (USB2)

:-| Neither it does see a Lacie Rugged USB hard disk. But this disk is also not seen on Mavericks. It does mount on the Intel ports.

So, almost there!

Installed GenericUSBXHCI.kext version 1.2.11 in L/E using kext beast.
After boot it automatically restarted (this is normal? I've seen this more)

:) Then it finally saw an USB stick in the VIA VL800 USB ports. Mounted a bit slow, but Blackmagic Speed test shows normal speed's.

:( It doesn't see my Epson V500 scanner. (USB2)

:-| Neither it does see a Lacie Rugged USB hard disk. But this disk is also not seen on Mavericks. It does mount on the Intel ports.

So, almost there!

Often times, you need to plug/unplug devices into different ports.

Obviously the code is not bug free and is still a poor solution. Best to replace the usb3 controller with a supported card.

Obviously the code is not bug free and is still a poor solution. Best to replace the usb3 controller with a supported card.

Ofcourse i can plug my scanner in the ports below, but then the game to make it work on each port is over! :)

Still, i am happy that 4 ports on the machine are back in function again for a bunch of devices now!

Tested in - Asus rampage iv formula - Asus p9x79 and Sabertooth x58.

All usb 3.0 working in motherboards but in all systems i have to disconnect and reconnect the USB to work .

Note : in sabertooth x58 i updated firmware to - http://www.station-drivers.com -

in system info they are not visible.

the transfer rate is good

I can't seem to get it working on my Asus Rampage IV Extreme (X79) on 10.11.2 which is unfortunate. Then again I am having difficulties with the native Intel USB 2.0 ports in the first place on El Capitan.

I've tried plugging it into every port multiple times, including the front ports. No luck.

Really happy to see progress is being made though! El Capitan has been a bumpy road with USB.

Installed. After reboot activated 1 of my Mobo usb 3.0 ports, thank you. It is not seen in System information though...
Can see one 3.0 port in ioreg.

What would you suggest in terms of supported card?
I saw FL1100 from Fresco is quite supported , do you have a specific model with 4 ports you could kindly suggest?

thanks

What would you suggest in terms of supported card?
I saw FL1100 from Fresco is quite supported , do you have a specific model with 4 ports you could kindly suggest?

thanks

Anything with FL1100 appears to be natively supported.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/174489-usb-3-0-pcie-cards-work-oob-el-cap.html

As you can see here, I purchased Inateck KTU3FR-5O2I: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...pcie-cards-work-oob-el-cap-5.html#post1144465

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back