Contribute
Register

3rd Party USB 3.0 - GenericUSBXHCI.kext Working in 10.11.2+

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd Party USB 3.0 - GenericUSBXHCI.kext in OS X 10.11.2

Since it appears Apple fixed the panics that were happening with 10.11 with GenericUSBXHCI.kext, I'll be updating GenericUSBXHCI.kext so it will only attach to XHC controllers that are not Intel and not Fresco Logic.

I'm still fiddling with it to see if there is a way via IOProbeScore vs. having probe check the vendor, but so far not so much... It keeps attaching to my FL1100 controller when it should not.

But 1.2.10 will be a "universal" build that works from 10.7.5 -> 10.11.x.

Note: It is still flakey with my pre-XHC 1.0 NEC/Renesas controller, but that was present in 10.10 too...

Thanks for the info RM. Looking forward to the final release.

Thanks for the info RM. Looking forward to the final release.

A build is available. Current build just avoids attaching to Intel/Fresco controllers. Someone has suggested that it still attach to FL1000 (evidently not XHCI 1.0 compliant, so may not be natively supported). The source currently checked in allows that, although I haven't built it yet.

I tried the 12/14 build, and I am now able to use USB2 and USB3 drives on the USB 3.1 Type A and USB 3.1 Type C ports on the ASMedia controller on my ASRock 170 board. I don't have any USB 3.1 devices to try yet.

New build is up that whitelists FL1000, other Intel/Fresco are blacklisted.

3rd Party USB 3.0 - GenericUSBXHCI.kext Working in 10.11.2

I edited my DSDT for my GA-H61N-USB3 i removed HUB0 in the DSDT i can boot with USB 3 enabled in the bios how ever i tried this kext but doesn't work as you said. Think its just problematic as RehabMan says even people have made a injector kext for it but still no go.

I edited my DSDT for my GA-H61N-USB3 i removed HUB0 in the DSDT i can boot with USB 3 enabled in the bios how ever i tried this kext but doesn't work as you said. Think its just problematic as RehabMan says even people have made a injector kext for it but still no go.

I had similar experience with the NEC/Renesas 3rd party USB on the H67N and the X58A. This kext is not working for them.

I personally think its better leaving it disabled in the bios and call it a day.

Hi Tony ,,

Weren't you using Asus z170-A before ? if yes .. did you have any success with it?

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back