Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics
GIGABYTE GV-N970G1
Just rebuilt my machine last night using the Sierra guide and have everything working except my third monitor. Using GTX970 display port and 2 DVI ports. Using the imac 14.2 defs i was able to get the system to boot and working with the display port and one of the two DVI's. Searched the forums for hours and havent found a solution yet. Any suggestions or links would be appreciated everything else seems to be working well.

Thanks everyone.

Update
Appears to be an issue with the DVI-D port on the video card. Works when booting into windows with the other monitors hooked up, but trying to boot with only one monitor hooked up to that port gets no video. Current workaround i re-enabled the onboard DVI port for the motherboard, and im going to order a few display port to dvi adapters to try out. If anyone has any other ideas let me know.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 9.37.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 9.37.56 PM.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Well i tried both passive and active display port to dvi adapters and neither worked. I could get one monitor working on the first display port and on one DVI connector but not all three at once. Even purchased 4 dp to dvi adapters 2 passive and 2 active with the same results.

So next i selected the super cheap super efficient method. I went in my closet and pulled out a gtx650ti and threw that in my system as a second card and presto 3rd monitor works perfect now. So anyone that has trouble getting that extra monitor to work just try throwing a way overpowered video card at it worked for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back