Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hoped I wouldn't be posting here again this soon. I installed a GTX 1080 last week, and it's been running great, until I did a 3D render today. The computer got through about 15 frames and promptly crashed and restarted. Not sure if this is due to a heat problem or if it's indicative of a larger issue. It could very well be a problem with the card, but I need to know soon so I still have time to RMA it. I turned up all my fans to maximum speed, but to no avail: now it crashes every time I try to render a frame.

Last edited:
What renderer are you using? Not all rendering engine support GPU render. Some fallback to CPU and if they its a GPU rendering engine, then proper web drivers and CUDA need to be installed.

What renderer are you using? Not all rendering engine support GPU render. Some fallback to CPU and if they its a GPU rendering engine, then proper web drivers and CUDA need to be installed.
I use Blender. The strange thing is I've been using this card with Blender seamlessly for over two years now, not sure what changed.

I use Blender. The strange thing is I've been using this card with Blender seamlessly for over two years now, not sure what changed.
If using High Sierra, cuda was updated last week. Try with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back