Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
CPU
2.3 GHz Intel Quad Core i7
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Found this gem awhile ago and forgot to share it with you all. Looks pretty awesome! Anyone with access to a 3D printer want to try this out? Costs $10 for the 3D design though well worth it if/when it works out! Looks pretty awesome and the author seems active/nice enough to help out too.

http://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/hobby-diy/electronics/full-printable-itx-case-mac-pro-2013-style

macpro1.pngmacpro2.jpgmacpro3.jpgmacpro4.jpgmacpro5.jpgmacpro6.jpgmacpro7.jpg

Last edited:
very fine design. thanks for sharing. How much would that be, if I'd go to a shop?
the dimensions btw:

"External dimensions of the assembled case: 270mm height and 198mm diameter
Internal dimensions correspond to the specifications of the motherboard MINI ITX format"

very fine design. thanks for sharing. How much would that be, if I'd go to a shop?
the dimensions btw:

"External dimensions of the assembled case: 270mm height and 198mm diameter
Internal dimensions correspond to the specifications of the motherboard MINI ITX format"

That is a good question. I've had no experience 3D printing anything.

I pulled this also from the site in case it helps someone with 3D printing experience to give a rough estimate on the price...

"The size and shape of parts are adapted for printing on a 3D printer with a maximum print area 200x200x200 mm

Printing Materials: ABS and PLA
Print time of ~70 hours
layer 0.22-0.24mm
speed 60-70mm/s
PLA - need ~1kg for all case shells and grills, top and bottom mount base (top grill, bottom grill and top cap detail printed with support structures)
ABS - ~150 grams for MB mount plate, HDD mounting frame and other details"

It would be awesome if we could fit a GPU in there.

That is a good question. I've had no experience 3D printing anything.

I pulled this also from the site in case it helps someone with 3D printing experience to give a rough estimate on the price...

"The size and shape of parts are adapted for printing on a 3D printer with a maximum print area 200x200x200 mm

Printing Materials: ABS and PLA
Print time of ~70 hours
layer 0.22-0.24mm
speed 60-70mm/s
PLA - need ~1kg for all case shells and grills, top and bottom mount base (top grill, bottom grill and top cap detail printed with support structures)
ABS - ~150 grams for MB mount plate, HDD mounting frame and other details"
Can you send us the picture of the model since i want to know how the case is designed and what i can get in there

Anyone with fully working DSDT and SSDT files? I just wanted to compare with mine so I can avoid multiple reboots and troubleshooting. Thanks bunch guys!!

Why is it okay to recommend parts from big companies here but not from a member of this forum? I recommended a case here twice and it has been removed two times. If I had recommended a case from a big company it would still be there...

Why is it okay to recommend parts from big companies here but not from a member of this forum? I recommended a case here twice and it has been removed two times. If I had recommended a case from a big company it would still be there...

The Rules said:
Members cannot post advertisements or notices for eBay auctions, Kickstarter projects, Craigslist listings, personal sales, sponsorships or contests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back