CPU
i3-530
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I am building a video product workstation with ASUS ProArt Z490-CREATOR + Intel 10900K + AMD Radeon VII combination. I want to get a solid 360mm Radiator AIO but not sure which one as I have been told to get the AIO which does not need to be connected to the internal usb header on the motherboard. Because otherwise I will have to create a custom USB map to enable that internal header for AIO water cooler. I am going for NZXT kraken x73 Liquid Cooler and it seems I have the option not to connect to the internal usb header on the motherboard? I will really love your thoughts on the best performance 360 AIO cooler that will work perfectly with my hackintosh build. Thank you!!

Last edited:
you could use Corsair solution with the opencorsair software for control https://github.com/audiohacked/OpenCorsairLink
there are some limitations though

Hey @theruck, I am asking because I want to use the cooler without adding any kext or usb mapping or anything. I don't care about RGB to be honest but now no good cooler is made without RGB. So I am trying to find the best performance cooler that will support out of the box. That is why I am trying my best to choose each component that will support natively in the long-run and also will be easier to maintain and upgrade. Anyway, I have ordered NZXT kraken x73 Liquid Cooler as I have been told my a pro that I won't have any issue with this cooler. He told me to avoid Corsair coolers, although all of the coolers come out from the same factory in China lol

Last edited:
The Kraken X73 is good. I'd replace the fans with Corsair ML Pro or Noctuas. Another good option is the Corsair H150i.

Yes I ordered NZXT Karken X73 already, although it is going to take a bit longer to get delivered due to stock issue -_- I am gonna use NZXT H710 case as it will come with 4 NXZT case fan and has good air flow rating and will add 3 more radiator fans to have 6 fans in total to do pull/push for best air flow performance. i9-10900K is gonna get hot and I am trying my best to take every measure to avoid the throttling and heat issue.

Last edited:
Yes I ordered NZXT Karken X73 already, although it is going to take a bit longer to get delivered due to stock issue -_- I am gonna use NZXT H710 case as it will come with 4 NXZT case fan and has good air flow rating and will add 3 more radiator fans to have 6 fans in total to do pull/push for best air flow performance. i9-10900K is gonna get hot and I am trying my best to take every measure to avoid the throttling and heat issue.

I have an NZXT case and the fans aren't the greatest. Personally, I would use the NZXT stock fans until the Noctua chromax.black.swap fans come back in stock for a reasonable price, and replace all of the NZXT fans with them.

NZXT fans are about 7db louder than Corsair fans (from what I found on the Smart Device V2).

Most Noctua fans hit the peak of 29.6db (50db is ambient noise). Corsair fans hit about 40db

I have an NZXT case and the fans aren't the greatest. Personally, I would use the NZXT stock fans until the Noctua chromax.black.swap fans come back in stock for a reasonable price, and replace all of the NZXT fans with them.

NZXT fans are about 7db louder than Corsair fans (from what I found on the Smart Device V2).

Most Noctua fans hit the peak of 29.6db (50db is ambient noise). Corsair fans hit about 40db

Damn I liked the case due to great case architecture and minimum dust design. I still have to option to change the case. Hmm will research a bit and see which case does not come with fan and are superb for air flow and aio and lots of fans :D

Don't get me wrong, the NZXT H710 is a great case, just the fans suck. Other great high-airflow cases are:

Fractal Design Meshify C or S2
Fractal Design Define C, S2 or 7
Corsair 275R Airflow

Hey @louiefriesen, Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition Full-Tower looks good!! I think it will be very good dust proof and high air flow case; also it is full tower so lots of space as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back