CPU
i3-530
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I am building a video product workstation with ASUS ProArt Z490-CREATOR + Intel 10900K + AMD Radeon VII combination. I want to get a solid 360mm Radiator AIO but not sure which one as I have been told to get the AIO which does not need to be connected to the internal usb header on the motherboard. Because otherwise I will have to create a custom USB map to enable that internal header for AIO water cooler. I am going for NZXT kraken x73 Liquid Cooler and it seems I have the option not to connect to the internal usb header on the motherboard? I will really love your thoughts on the best performance 360 AIO cooler that will work perfectly with my hackintosh build. Thank you!!

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H55-S2H
CPU
i3-530
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
you could use Corsair solution with the opencorsair software for control https://github.com/audiohacked/OpenCorsairLink
there are some limitations though

Hey @theruck, I am asking because I want to use the cooler without adding any kext or usb mapping or anything. I don't care about RGB to be honest but now no good cooler is made without RGB. So I am trying to find the best performance cooler that will support out of the box. That is why I am trying my best to choose each component that will support natively in the long-run and also will be easier to maintain and upgrade. Anyway, I have ordered NZXT kraken x73 Liquid Cooler as I have been told my a pro that I won't have any issue with this cooler. He told me to avoid Corsair coolers, although all of the coolers come out from the same factory in China lol

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H55-S2H
CPU
i3-530
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The Kraken X73 is good. I'd replace the fans with Corsair ML Pro or Noctuas. Another good option is the Corsair H150i.

Yes I ordered NZXT Karken X73 already, although it is going to take a bit longer to get delivered due to stock issue -_- I am gonna use NZXT H710 case as it will come with 4 NXZT case fan and has good air flow rating and will add 3 more radiator fans to have 6 fans in total to do pull/push for best air flow performance. i9-10900K is gonna get hot and I am trying my best to take every measure to avoid the throttling and heat issue.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Yes I ordered NZXT Karken X73 already, although it is going to take a bit longer to get delivered due to stock issue -_- I am gonna use NZXT H710 case as it will come with 4 NXZT case fan and has good air flow rating and will add 3 more radiator fans to have 6 fans in total to do pull/push for best air flow performance. i9-10900K is gonna get hot and I am trying my best to take every measure to avoid the throttling and heat issue.

I have an NZXT case and the fans aren't the greatest. Personally, I would use the NZXT stock fans until the Noctua chromax.black.swap fans come back in stock for a reasonable price, and replace all of the NZXT fans with them.

NZXT fans are about 7db louder than Corsair fans (from what I found on the Smart Device V2).

Most Noctua fans hit the peak of 29.6db (50db is ambient noise). Corsair fans hit about 40db

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H55-S2H
CPU
i3-530
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have an NZXT case and the fans aren't the greatest. Personally, I would use the NZXT stock fans until the Noctua chromax.black.swap fans come back in stock for a reasonable price, and replace all of the NZXT fans with them.

NZXT fans are about 7db louder than Corsair fans (from what I found on the Smart Device V2).

Most Noctua fans hit the peak of 29.6db (50db is ambient noise). Corsair fans hit about 40db

Damn I liked the case due to great case architecture and minimum dust design. I still have to option to change the case. Hmm will research a bit and see which case does not come with fan and are superb for air flow and aio and lots of fans :D

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H55-S2H
CPU
i3-530
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Don't get me wrong, the NZXT H710 is a great case, just the fans suck. Other great high-airflow cases are:

Fractal Design Meshify C or S2
Fractal Design Define C, S2 or 7
Corsair 275R Airflow

Hey @louiefriesen, Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition Full-Tower looks good!! I think it will be very good dust proof and high air flow case; also it is full tower so lots of space as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.