Contribute
Register

343.02.02f02 NVIDIA Alternate Drivers + Security Update 2015-002 = Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
The updated driver is Yosemite only. Mavericks drivers start with 334.xx.xx

It would be strange for nvidia to not supply an updated driver since Apple's support cycle is currently for Yosemite, Mavericks, and Mountain Lion.

With that said, I am currently running the September nvidia 10.9.5 driver and have patched NVDAStartup.kext with <key>NVDARequiredOS</key> to the new <string>13F1066</string> build number.

Use Kextbeast or a similar utility to make the change, clear your cache, and repair permissions and everything should work. Do not just edit the kext directly in the Extensions folder. Make a copy, back up, and then Kextbeast that sucker.

Ultimately it would nice to see updated drivers.

Does anyone know how to uninstall the security update or trick the system reading the old os build number 14C109?

Here's what I found on ****** while googling on the subject. It works for me.

Edit the file
Code:
/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/Info.plist
and change the value for NVDARequiredOS from 14C109 to 14C1510

Then, in terminal, execute
Code:
touch /System/Library/Extensions
and reboot.

For 10.9.5 change the value from 13F34 to 13F1066

From 10.10

All updates 10.10.2, iTunes, RDC, Pro Video Formats -> Restart
Security Update 2015-002 -> Restart
Nvidia web driver GPU Driver Version: 10.3.1 (343.02.02f03) -> Restart
Switch to Nvidia Driver -> Restart
Cuda Drivers CUDA Driver Version: 6.5.46 -> Restart

All good, no problems

Has anyone tried the latest security update 2015-003 1.0?

UPDATE: It does break the driver again.

Didn't work for me unfortunately, but rolling back to the WebDriver-343.02.02b04.pkg proposed by Sorenjorvang did. This was on my GA-z77n with GTX 970.

Thanks to you and Sorenjorvang for sharing your insights. Dug me out of a problem!

I'm new this side of things, only had laptops/iMacs before. Currently running a MacPro with a GTX 960 GPU and had the same issue with the 2015-003 update. Installing the 343.02.02b04 driver sorted it right out.

Is there a thread that explains the 'boot flag thing' for a total n00b? Or is it irrelevant if I'm using hardware from the great fruity overlords already? Thanks in advance and sorry for drifting off topic, slightly.

Kev

Just change the value of :

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>14C109</string>

to

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>14C1510</string> (This was the value that nvidia driver complained about)

inside : /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/Info.plist

And reboot..

That worked for me.

/Fred

Worked for me too, changed the value to 14C1514.
After rebooting I had to reset NVIDIA Web Driver in the driver manager and then reboot again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back