Contribute
Register

343.02.02f02 NVIDIA Alternate Drivers + Security Update 2015-002 = Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
you need to add nv_disable=1 in boot args this will disable nvidia drivers and boot basic graphics drivers and will let you boot to desktop

Thank you, Rackham!

But how do I change the Boot Arguments when I cannot see them during boot sequence?

Cheers,
Daniel

I uninstalled my own nVidia drivers to roll back, and now stuck at the same place. Please help

for everyone who tried this... its obvious to me but many ppl forget.... rebuild kext cache after doing the mod and it should work

Fixed it when repairing permissions and rebuilding kext cache!! thanks a lot!!

Just change the value of :

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>14C109</string>

to

<string>14C1510</string> (This was the value that nvidia driver complained about)

inside : /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/Info.plist

And reboot..

That worked for me.

/Fred

Thank you!! I did this and ran kext utility before I rebooted and now it's as good as new

Changing the build number NVDAStartup was looking for worked for me. (I ran KextBeast after.) Didn't need to change the actual SystemVersion number.

EVGA GTX 750 Ti, HDMI- and DVI-connected monitors.

Definite temporary fix. Open /System/CoreServices/systemversion.plist and use textwrangler or any text editor to change the build number 14C1510 (new) to 14C109 (previous.

I tried changing the build number to the new one in the NVDAStartup.kext but that didn't work

All is restored but dont forget to change it back again when the new NVIDIA drivers become available. Current is 343.02.02f02
This worked for me. I just used a terminal and vi to deal with it. I also ran a permissions repair sweep, but that didn't come up with anything that would have caused a problem. The FrankenMac rebooted just fine.

Thanks very much for that.

Now remembering to switch the system plist back when the new drivers are out ... that might be a roll of the dice.

Alterntively, you can use the FlatPackageEditor to modify the Distribution file within the package and add your system ID (for me iMac14,2).

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-10%20at%208.35.53%20PM_zps5q0kxeyq.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Worked! Thanks!

GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK + Asus GForce GTX660 on Yosemite 10.10.2 (using iMac 14,2 SysDef)

Just change the value of :

<string>14C109</string>

to

<string>14C1510</string> (This was the value that nvidia driver complained about)

inside : /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/Info.plist

And reboot..

That worked for me.

/Fred

You have to uninstall the old driver from the System Preferences Control Panel first, than it will work again to install the (older) one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back