Contribute
Register

343.02.02f02 NVIDIA Alternate Drivers + Security Update 2015-002 = Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
343.02.02f02 Alternate Drivers + Security Update 2015-002 = Broken

Thanks for reporting this- I totally missed that the build number was updated yesterday. NVIDIA should fix the drivers in the next day or so.

Screen Shot 2015-03-10 at 10.00.48 AM.png

Just change the value of :

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>14C109</string>

to

<string>14C1510</string> (This was the value that nvidia driver complained about)

inside : /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/Info.plist

And reboot..

That worked for me.

/Fred

<string>14C109</string>

to

<string>14C1510</string> (This was the value that nvidia driver complained about)

And reboot..

That worked for me.

/Fred

Didn't work for me unfortunately, but rolling back to the WebDriver-343.02.02b04.pkg proposed by Sorenjorvang did. This was on my GA-z77n with GTX 970.

Thank you all for being so damn fast issuing your problems!
That really helps with just released drivers that have been installed w/o any prior information check ;)

Just installed that security update on my MacPro Mid 2010 with a Geforce GTX 970 card.

How do I get my Mac Pro started w/o having to re-roll everything from a backup?

I wanna get behind the start sequence.
It starts just to the login screen, but if I don't see anything I cannot enter anything ;)

Is there any key to press & hold?

Cheers,
Daniel

My hack mac says it's not compatible with this computer?? do i need to change the build number to run the driver install?

You need to change your sysdef to something like macpro 3,1, reboot, installl and then change it back again

You need to change your sysdef to something like macpro 3,1, reboot, installl and then change it back again

tried to change it to 3,1 installed the driver still same message says the driver is not compatible with os version :S

Thank you all for being so damn fast issuing your problems!
That really helps with just released drivers that have been installed w/o any prior information check ;)

Just installed that security update on my MacPro Mid 2010 with a Geforce GTX 970 card.

How do I get my Mac Pro started w/o having to re-roll everything from a backup?

I wanna get behind the start sequence.
It starts just to the login screen, but if I don't see anything I cannot enter anything ;)

Is there any key to press & hold?

Cheers,
Daniel

you need to add nv_disable=1 in boot args this will disable nvidia drivers and boot basic graphics drivers and will let you boot to desktop

<string>14C109</string>

to

And reboot..

That worked for me.

/Fred

for everyone who tried this... its obvious to me but many ppl forget.... rebuild kext cache after doing the mod and it should work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back