Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
I didn't read
CPU
the Rules
Graphics
so ignore me
Hi everyone, hope you are all well :) I apologize if a tutorial for this exists already but I did thoroughly search and couldn't find one.

How do people build 32 core computers? Clustering?

Thanks for any help!!!
Kate

They do it by using multi core CPU's in a board that will take two or four of them. So if you have a four 8 core CPU's, theres your 32 cores. With clustering, you would refer to the number of cores in the cluster, the sum total of all cores in each computer.

Its rather unusual to have a 32 core hackintosh but not impossible, and very expensive.

Thank you so much ashman70 :) I really do appreciate it! Do you know of any server boards (with 4 sockets) that work?

I haven't found much on computer clustering with Macs. Is there any way you could explain it to me and let me know if it is even possible.

Thanks!
Kate

Thank you so much ashman70 :) I really do appreciate it! Do you know of any server boards (with 4 sockets) that work?

I haven't found much on computer clustering with Macs. Is there any way you could explain it to me and let me know if it is even possible.

Thanks!
Kate

Easiest way is Xgrid. Sadly Apple had stopped supporting it since 10.8, but it's not impossible to get it work on it.

Thanks very much! I'm kind of a newbie so are there any tutorials about using an Xgrid?

Thanks again!

Why would you want to?

If your actually interested in distributed computing, you should be working in Linux.

Hi Skaker,

I was just wondering out of curiosity... just eager to learn as much as I can from the geniuses on this site :)

This machine is not a 32 Core machine; the builder, PunkNugget, published his specs and they show

Intel:
- 2 x Xeon X5650 (CPUs)

which would make it 12 Core according to Intel ARK

http://ark.intel.com/products/47922/Intel-Xeon-Processor-X5650-12M-Cache-2_66-GHz-6_40-GTs-Intel-QPI

Oh, I see. Thanks for the help!

One last question do you know of any hackintoshable motherboards with 4 sockets?

Thanks!
Kate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back