Contribute
Register

310m/Intel GPU Optimus

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are your device ids? mine are 0a70 (nvidia) and 0046 (intel - should be the same at all ppl out there). there are guys runnin the 310m with devif 0a72 oder whatsoever (samsung R series). they installed a distro and used nvenabler / aty_init in combination with graphics enabler (wich is strange bs) ... but that thing works. see here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=221769

there are some other thread where ppl randomly found a solution without knowing how to do. so - this should be possible.

Hi,

I think in fact no-one has randomly yet found the solution. If you look at the dates on which people were reporting success, they are generally around the time when manufacturers were selling their lappies with the Nvidia processors working as the sole processor (Intel graphics not enabled). The manufacturers then - often without any press release letting people know - changed over in july/august and later to enable the Internal graphics with Optimus switching. That's when everyone started reporting failures......

MacBook Pros do use graphics switching, but it seems not to be same as Optimus and many people are trying to find a way using either Optimus or cracking the OSX method to make things work for hacks - unfortunately no successes there yet,random or otherwise. Most regretable of all is that all the hacks seem to switch automatically to the Intel graphics which is not supported instead of to the Nvidia option which is better and pretty much fully supported. Sucks doesn't it?

i am willing and able to test the hell out, debug and report if any of the geniuses out there need a guy having strong nerves to test and test and test

Maybe you could try out my question about disabling the Intel graphics to see what happens? To do that, you need to install the Developer tools from the retail DVD and then run the Reggie_SE application (inside developer/applications/performance tools/chud/hardware tools) and try to load the hardware registers identified in my earlier post to see if you can disable the Intel graphics. Highly suspect that either (a) it won't let you [read only]; (b) it won't have any effect; or (c) the screen will just go black and the nvidia gpu will not take over...maybe fun to try though for a guy with "strong nerves to test and test".

this sucks ... damn :( you just beaten down all my hope with a big hit. so i have to think about giving my new baby back as long i have 2 weeks of moneyback. i was thinking that this should be possible very soon as it sounded very close to 330m in mbpro. arrgh

Attachments

• P9X79 Deluxe.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 92
I also I have the same K52J Asus laptop, but I have three problems (i3 370M, 310m/Intel GPU Optimus, Conexant Smartaudio HD and Intel Sound) the Wireless, Web Camera and Card reader no problems.

1 .- I don't have sound but I have the speaker but no sound.
2 .- Only 1024 X 728 in the graphic card, but the same problem with the Geforce 310M
3 .- I don't have the trackpad, try with VoodooPS2&Trackpad 0.98 and I have to work with the mouse connected by USB

I'm looking around the problem of graphics and so far there is no remedy for it to work because Apple used the same method of card but on the contrary, the main on the Nvidia and Intel Hd is the secondary, so until someone puts remedy that ........ :cry:

If you can tell me how to operate the trackpad would you do me a favor and the subject of sound, although the sound I have to try and to use voodoo 2.7.2 but I have not deleted AppleHDA.Kext System / Library / Extensions, which doing that will solve the problem of audio.

A greeting and sorry for my English, I'm from Spain and is translated with Google translator.

The problems with the sound and the trackpad are solved with VoodooHDA 2.7.2 and control panel and delete AppleHDA from System/Library/Extensions, and the track pad with Synaptics ApplePS2.Kext and delete all of VoodooPS2controler of the system.

Only a question for us............How to fix that camera look backwards?

Happy new year for all the people of the forum :headbang:

See you next year!!

PD: No shoutdown, but restart very well :(

Happy new year for all!!!!!!

For me is imposible update 10.6.4, always KP :cry:

I Will try to install from Snow Lepard retail 10.6.3 and update 10.6.4.

I think with the optimus Nvidia technology may not work our laptops, because, it is so far from us that Intel is working well in snow leopard.

Only say wait, wait and wait or "asus" release a bios with the Intel graphics that can be removed and leave only the Nvidia.

samsung qx410 . i installed cuda nvidia driver and i get in my pci that the nvidia is on. but ofcourse it's not a full driver so there isnt any features. it just turns it on and i did notice a difference in the way the screen looks.

i have the
310m/Intel GPU Optimus

SL 10.6.6 running on vanilla mach_kernel. everything works except for gpu oh and as for wireless i did change it to dell 1390 i had it from before. and it works. well i had to open the laptop but i'm a technician lol.

here is what it shows in pci in info.

display:

Type: 3D Controller
Driver Installed: Yes
Bus: PCI
Slot: PCI Slot@1,0,0
Vendor ID: 0x10de
Device ID: 0x0a70
Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x144d
Subsystem ID: 0xc08b
Revision ID: 0x00a2
Link Width: x16
Link Speed: 2.5 GT/s

I have laptop lenovo b560,intel i3 with optimus intel hd/nvida 310m graphics. Resolution with chameleon is 1024x768 only, but when i plug in external monitor i can get 1280x1024 on both monitors. Is there any chance to get force resolution on laptop display without external monitor?

minihack said:
...I have done a little searching for Intel specifications for the i5 mobile processor set and found the attached document. Possibly page 62 gives the location of hardware register for turning off the internal graphics function [Note Internal Graphics device is defined as "device 2" on page 39 of this document]:
322813.jpg...

... Those with the wherewithal to at least check the register statuses and see if they conform to the spec.s as set out in the attachment might perhaps want to experiment a little and post your results....

Hey minihack,

i checked the Bit 3 of DEVEN Register [Offset 54h 32Bit] which enables/disables the IGP and it is set to 1. At the same time Bit 0 of LAC Register (on page 65) [Offset 97h 8Bit] is set to 0. :think:

Edit: Simply setting Bit 3 to 0 results in ... surprise surprise ... a frozen screen (no glitches, just still-image) but no KP or system freeze (looks like the system is still running). I think the nvidia card do not automaticly take over. Maybe we have to set DEVEN Bit 3 and LAC Bit 0 at the same time. The question is ... how :confused:

Edit 2: Could also be interesting to see what happens, if we disable the IGP on preboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back