PowerColor HD 7850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello!

Im a fresh user of Mac because tonymacx86 solutions:)

Im happy with it, but i have one thing i cant resolve. I have 3 monitors setup. 2 monitors are working great, but 3 are black.

On the settings menu in Yosemite they are displaying 3 monitors. But only 2 are visible. I have radeon card.
Any ideas how to fix it?

OK. Its Radeon HD 7850 Series. One DVI, one HDMI, one DP connections.

per Novuake @ Toms Hardware forums:

"At least ONE of the monitors needs to be connected via display port, if you use any sort of adapter for one of the monitors, that adapter needs to be ACTIVE not PASSISVE. "

This is true for my setup using the Radeon HD7970s.

Does anything happen if you boot up, unplug the black monitor then plug it back in again whilst still booted up?

Nothing happens. Screens are flashing when i plug it off, and are flashing once when i plug in again. Its te same result = black screen on 3rd monitor.

Hello!

Im a fresh user of Mac because tonymacx86 solutions:)

Im happy with it, but i have one thing i cant resolve. I have 3 monitors setup. 2 monitors are working great, but 3 are black.

On the settings menu in Yosemite they are displaying 3 monitors. But only 2 are visible. I have radeon card.
Any ideas how to fix it?
Ok, Breathless, since you didn't read the Rules when you signed up and we're not telepathic, please provide complete details in your profile.

System: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name and my signature block (hint, hint). TIA.

Hi,
I filled up my profile. Hope its ok now.

So there is no hope to have 3 monitors with my build?

So there is no hope to have 3 monitors with my build?

They already answered your question above and told you what to do. Connect 1 via DVI, 1 via HDMI, and 1 via either HDMI or DVI via an ACTIVE DP adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back