Motherboard
Z68X-UD3-B3 @BIOS F13
CPU
i7-2600 @3.4Ghz
Graphics
XFX Double Dissipation AMD Radeon 7970HD 3GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. iMac
Hey guys, first time posting a thread here.
I have a Hackintosh with Clover and works great with 2 monitors, "out of the box" install. Booted the USB and with no arguments.
But now I got a thrid monitor. The OS recognize the 3 monitors, but the one in the HDMI output stays black with the backlight on.
I saw some threads about this, but with solutions only in High Sierra.

The setup of the monitors:
LG TV (Display Port with RGB Adapter)
LG 23MP55 (Display Port with HDMI Adapter)
SAMSUNG TV (HDMI)

Since now, I thank you all!

Last edited:
Hey guys, first time posting a thread here.
I have a Hackintosh with Clover and works great with 2 monitors, "out of the box" install. Booted the USB and with no arguments.
But now I got a thrid monitor. The OS recognize the 3 monitors, but the one in the HDMI output stays black with the backlight on.
I saw some threads about this, but with solutions only in High Sierra.

The setup of the monitors:
LG TV (Display Port with RGB Adapter)
LG 23MP55 (Display Port with HDMI Adapter)
SAMSUNG TV (HDMI)

Since now, I thank you all!

I edited the post with the setup of the monitors.
Up :)

Lilu and WhateverGreen usually fix these kinds of issues up properly.

Lilu and WhateverGreen usually fix these kinds of issues up properly.

It didnt work. I have to put them in the folder AND inject ATI drivers?,

I tried all I think. I changed in Clover Configurator the framebuffers most related to the GPU: Futomaki, Dashimaki, DashimakiS and Hamachi and none worked. The Futomaki was indiferent from the problem, stayed the same. The others framebuffers made all 3 monitors go black screen.
I tried to put the Kexts (Lilu and WhateverGreen) on the EFI folder like the tutorial and still nothing.

Funny is that, my GPU have in total 5 video outputs: 2x DP, 1x HDMI, 1x DVI-D, 1x Single DVI and there isn't a framebuffer that fits that output config.
All the frambuffers with 5 video output are: Chutoro, Ebi, Gari. All of them with this set of outs: LVDS, DP, DP, DP, DP.
Is there something else that I can try?
Anyone especifically worked this out with a equal XFX Double Dissipation Radeon 7970 in Sierra, not in High Sierra?

Ty guys!

You should not set framebuffers in clover or inject ATI when using WhateverGreen.

You should not set framebuffers in clover or inject ATI when using WhateverGreen.

Roger that.
But still, even with WhateverGreen and Lilu, the screen still is recognized by the OS but with black lit screen.
Tried with the 5 output Framebuffers, like Eri, Chutoro and Gari, and the result is frozen black screen.

Roger that.
But still, even with WhateverGreen and Lilu, the screen still is recognized by the OS but with black lit screen.
Tried with the 5 output Framebuffers, like Eri, Chutoro and Gari, and the result is frozen black screen.
I have a firepro w7000 and even if it was recognized with full acceleration out of the box the third monitor make me goes crazy.
For me worked, put lilu e whatevergreen in efi/clover/kext/other then open config.plist with clover configurator graphics and set load vbios inject ati and deinit.
Save reboot and third monitor goes up at login screen
Hope it helps

I have a similar problem but with different hardware.

Card: GTX960

Monitors:
AOC 2752 (DVI)
Seiki 4K SE39UY04 (HDMI)
Samsung UD28590 (DisplayPort)

If I have all three plugged in when I power up, the computer will boot into black screens on all three.

However, if I unplug the displayport screen and have the other two on (DVI and HDMI), it will boot with both screens working. Once it's booted, I can plug in the DisplayPort monitor and it detects.

A third scenario that sometimes happens is when the computer sleeps. The Seiki TV will turn off after a while, so when I wake the computer up, it shows the DVI and DisplayPort screens. Turning on the Seiki (HDMI) triggers a detection, but instead of the screen coming back on, I get a black screen and frozen computer.

Can someone please explain how I can add all three monitors in Clover or some other way that I can just use my computer normally without having to do the hokey pokey and turn myself around everytime my computer goes to sleep?

If you need any dumps of anything, please let me know what and how and I'll happily provide them!!

Thanks in advance!

I have a similar problem but with different hardware.

Card: GTX960

Monitors:
AOC 2752 (DVI)
Seiki 4K SE39UY04 (HDMI)
Samsung UD28590 (DisplayPort)

If I have all three plugged in when I power up, the computer will boot into black screens on all three.

However, if I unplug the displayport screen and have the other two on (DVI and HDMI), it will boot with both screens working. Once it's booted, I can plug in the DisplayPort monitor and it detects.

A third scenario that sometimes happens is when the computer sleeps. The Seiki TV will turn off after a while, so when I wake the computer up, it shows the DVI and DisplayPort screens. Turning on the Seiki (HDMI) triggers a detection, but instead of the screen coming back on, I get a black screen and frozen computer.

Can someone please explain how I can add all three monitors in Clover or some other way that I can just use my computer normally without having to do the hokey pokey and turn myself around everytime my computer goes to sleep?

If you need any dumps of anything, please let me know what and how and I'll happily provide them!!

Thanks in advance!
you should open you own post and be more specific, os version, how you install your gtx, if you have web drivers and nvram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back