Graphics
HD4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hey guys, i have a couple of questions. a few of them are already in this forum, but i concentrate them here now.
my system:

Core i7-4770K - GA-Z87N-WIFI - HD4600
(this is a pc from the buyers guide)
--------------------------------------------------
Video:
i have 3 displays.
1 monitor connected via DVI
1 monitor connected via HDMI
1 TV connected via HDMI

Problems:
- Mac OS X only boots, if only 2 displays are connected. as you can see here, the intel hd4600 supports 3 displays:
http://ark.intel.com/products/75123/Intel-Core-i7-4770K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz?q=4770k

- HDMI hot plug works in no case
---
with:
1 monitor connected via HDMI
Mac OS X boots, the monitor connected via DVI works. the monitor connected via HDMI shows no picture, but noise (see picture "bildrauschen.jpg"). after about one minute it works too. sometimes the noise stays and i have to reboot. sometimes the system freezes and i have to reset.

EDIT: i just recognized another bug: if i turn off 1 of the 2 screens the system stutters, i can't even move the mouse normally until i turn the screen on again?!
---
with
1 TV connected via HDMI
Mac OS X boots. TV only works if it was already turned ON while booting Mac OS X. otherwise if i turn it on while running Mac OS X, the system freezes and i have to reset.
---
i wish i could use all 3 displays at once without freezing etc.
as you can see here http://www.tonymacx86.com/articles/...graphics-boot-flags-chimera-6.html#post691947
i tried almost all boot flags and you can see the "results"
LAN:
LAN hot plug doesn't work.
Audio:
via LineOut: some hiccups (some other users reported this already)
via SPDIF: sometimes noise after a few minutes. restart required to fix this.
other problems:
i have a microsoft wireless desktop 800 http://www.amazon.de/dp/B003YL1Q3C/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

it works pretty fine on my windows pc. with the hackintosh it works fine for 2-5 minutes and then there are massive dropouts, so that i can't use it anymore. sometimes it doesn't work at all.

my multibeast settings:
- DSDT Free
- Drivers --> Audio --> Realtek ALCxxx --> Without DSDT --> ALC892
- Drivers --> Audio --> Realtek ALCxxx --> Without DSDT --> HDAEnabler
- Drivers --> Disk --> 3rd Party SATA
- Drivers --> Misc --> FakeSM v5.3.820
- Drivers --> Network --> Atheros --> Shailua's ALXEthernet v1.0.2
- Drivers --> Network --> Intel --> hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.5.4d
- Drivers --> System --> AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
- Bootloaders --> Chimera v2.2.1
- Customize --> Boot Options --> Basic Boot Options
- Customize --> Boot Options --> Generate CPU States
- Customize --> Boot Options --> Hibernate Mode - Desktop
- Customize --> Boot Options --> Use KernelCache
- Customize --> Boot Options --> 1080p Display Mode
- Customize --> System Definitions --> Mac Pro --> 3,1
- Customize --> Themes --> tonymacx86 Black

hopefully someone can help me with this.

Attachments

• Bildrauschen.jpg
    Bildrauschen.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 304
Video:
i have 3 displays.
For the video problem, the native frame buffer supports 3 DP. Use 0x0300220D frame buffer (dsdt/ssdt/Chimera) and this edit: see Notes, 2, Haswell/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext, Post #1, Haswell HDMI Audio. Patched Azul/0x0300220D framebuffer supports DP, DVI, HDMI, 2xHDMI and combinations up to 3 monitors.

hey toleda. thx for your reply. i just patched the kext with "audio_hdmi_hd5k-azul-90_patch" from your post.
good news: 3 displays work. THANK YOU VERY MUCH:)

same here:
- if i turn off 1 of the displays the system stutters, i can't even move the mouse normally until i turn the screen on again.
- TV has to be turned on before booting up

do you have the same problem(s)? is there any fix?

thx again.

same here:
- if i turn off 1 of the displays the system stutters, i can't even move the mouse normally until i turn the screen on again.
- TV has to be turned on before booting up

do you have the same problem(s)? is there any fix?
No and no.
Your experiments result in Intel driver KPs, not recommended. You are on your own.

sorry im a noob. is KP for kernel patch?
the problems where the same before patching the kernel.

i wonder whether the other users with intel hd 4600 have the same problems. maybe intel hd 4600 is not recommended for building a hackintosh?

edit: i think this problems can't be solved with the intel hd 4600. can someone tell about the Zotac GF GT 640 Zone-Edition 2GB (Modell ZT-60204-20L) with 3 screens? would appreciate any expirience with this. thx

now i've added a Zotac GF GT 640 Zone-Edition 2GB (Modell ZT-60207-20L) to my system, because of the bugs caused by turning monitors off/on. now the microsoft wireless desktop 800 is working too!

for the audio problem i installed voodoo hda 2.8.4
since then i didn't recognize audio hiccups but noise which is sporadic an can be solved by restart the playback.

so i have one big problem left, i want to solve. i hope someone can help me:
i don't get a 5.1 signal through the spdif out. is this possible with voodoo hda 2.8.4 ?

edit: i have trouble with voodoo hda 2.8.4 too, sound noises always while playing mp3s/wave files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back