Contribute
Register

3 days in and STILL no install...ARRR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
asus
CPU
quad
Graphics
nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

firstly let me state how single minded I've become foregoing food, sleep and other human contact since finding out this was do'able. I'm at my wits end though as I just cannot get any version of OSX to install. I have tried snow leopard. It got to the install screen then told me it cannot install on this machine.I since found out that you cannot install using the grey disks that were supplied when the MAC was purchased. Next I have tried mountain lion with uniboot, but it starts to load with the apple sign and the turney timer..then the screen goes blank. I have checked that my BIOS is turned to AHCI and my hardware is compatible. I have a sandy block ASUS p67 motherboard, intel (cant remember the number, but it was listed) and an NVIDEA Geforce 220.
I must have tried 50 different approaches to solve this and a hundred reboots..can anyone suggest anything??? PLEASE!!

Thanks in advance.

Ok, I have managed to get mountain lion to instal using uniboot, but when I restart I'm just getting a blinking dash in the upper left of my screen.

Any ideas why it wont boot in??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back