1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First off, what I assume a normal case button/LED looks like electronically:
schemeit-project.png

Following the advice of the lovely people on this forum, I have wired my button/LED like so (pic is rotated; wires are going toward the top of the case):

schemeit-project-2.pngIMG_2585.jpg

I'm using a Gigabyte H97M-D3H.

If I have the PW_SW header put on the correct way (as in the schematic), the return voltage from the LED causes the board to think I'm holding the button down, and the machine constantly restarts.

If I flip the PW_SW header, the power button works as expected but the LED is lit all the time, whether the machine is on or not.

Has anyone else run into this problem? I've seen many other posts with people wiring their buttons like mine (I believe!), so perhaps it's just the way Gigabyte reads the power switch?

Try turning on ErP in the Power setting of your BIOS - that is what did it for me. When it is disabled the motherboard is allowed to give power to the rear USB ports and power LED even if the computer is shutdown, and enabling will allow the motherboard to power down completely.

hope that fixes it for you!

Try turning on ErP in the Power setting of your BIOS

Excellent, thank you! It didn't seem to "take" at first, but I rebooted a couple times and it's working properly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back