CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there, I have my Hackintosh up and running and nearly everything is running smooth as hell which I'm really happy about.

Now i bought a 2TB HDD for my system the idea to have all my music, photos etc on this drive for access from both systems. I installed and formatted in lion using MS DOS (FAT) everything went smooth and i had a drive usable on each system, but part of the reason i wanted a 2tb hdd was to backup my boot drives. I installed carbon copy cloner and it wont let me backup my drives which is quite frustrating, do you know which format would be best for my hdd to get everything working the way i planned????

Also my Windows 7 drive is un-editable in OSX to change the icon or name it just come us as "untitled" anyone know a solution for this???

any help would be much appreciated :thumbup: this is my first Hack and so far very happy with it, would be great to get this sorted. cheers guys

Also my Windows 7 drive is un-editable in OSX to change the icon or name it just come us as "untitled" anyone know a solution for this???

Change the label of the volume in Windows. OS X on has readonly access to NTFS partitions.

cheers ill check that out, also in osx my windows disk seems to have 2 partitions one "windows7" and one "windowsNTFS" i boot in chimera using the "windows7" drive, do you know why this is? any way to get rid of the NTFS file?

thanks for the quick response much appreciated! :thumbup:

cheers ill check that out, also in osx my windows disk seems to have 2 partitions one "windows7" and one "windowsNTFS" i boot in chimera using the "windows7" drive, do you know why this is? any way to get rid of the NTFS file?

thanks for the quick response much appreciated! :thumbup:

Without more information on your partition/disk setup, I couldn't say...

Hi there, I have my Hackintosh up and running and nearly everything is running smooth as hell which I'm really happy about.

Now i bought a 2TB HDD for my system the idea to have all my music, photos etc on this drive for access from both systems. I installed and formatted in lion using MS DOS (FAT) everything went smooth and i had a drive usable on each system, but part of the reason i wanted a 2tb hdd was to backup my boot drives. I installed carbon copy cloner and it wont let me backup my drives which is quite frustrating, do you know which format would be best for my hdd to get everything working the way i planned????

any help would be much appreciated :thumbup: this is my first Hack and so far very happy with it, would be great to get this sorted. cheers guys

Any Ideas anyone? hoping to get this sorted by tomorrow to start transferring all my files. thanks

BTW Adrian, managed to get this to work!, cheers man.

I now have a single Windows NTFS :thumbup:

I had to first clean in diskpart to not get any errors, not sure why

firstly clean the disk using command prompt in the windows installer
<shift><F10>
diskpart
list disk
select disk (name)
clean

then partition in mountain lion USB to (MSDOS FAT)
select master boot in options

then format that partition in the windows installer and install!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back