Gigabyte GA Z97 HD3
CPU
i5 4690T
Graphics
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So this is my second attempt at installing Mac on my hardware. I tried over the weekend and it didn't work at all. I've reset everything now. Created a fresh 10.14.4 USB Drive using the vanilla guide from this site and Unibeast.

My first attempt the USB load would stall about 2/3rds the way through the Apple loading screen. I messed about with verbose mode on Clover to see where it was getting stuck at but couldn't make sense of it so I'm trying again and I'll see what happens.

The main thing I was seeing on the verbose screen where it would hang was "Forcing CS_RUNTIME for entitlement: com.apple.rootless.install"

I'd set the default BIOS values and then made sure it matched the details in Step 3. So at the moment I'm not even able to load into the Mac installer on the USB.

Same thing is happening. Getting the below as the point where the USB boot hangs and then the monitor goes off into power saving mode.

I've tried with the Radeon HD7770 card and also just using the Z97 onboard GFX. I get the same thing happening.

So I finally managed to get the Clover USB to boot into the MacOS installer. Don't ask me how as I ended up going back to the onboard GFX and it seemed to work.

I have managed to format the internal drive ok and start the install process. It gets to 2 mins left and then reboots. I load back into the USB and select the internal drive as per the guide to finish off the install but I now find myself in a reboot loop and can't actually boot to the internal drive at all.

This is what I'm now stuck on

So I finally managed to get the Clover USB to boot into the MacOS installer. Don't ask me how as I ended up going back to the onboard GFX and it seemed to work.

I have managed to format the internal drive ok and start the install process. It gets to 2 mins left and then reboots. I load back into the USB and select the internal drive as per the guide to finish off the install but I now find myself in a reboot loop and can't actually boot to the internal drive at all.

This is what I'm now stuck on

View attachment 401258
  • Your uploaded Verbose screen shots are suggestive of Graphics related problem
  • Your AMD Radeon 7770 PCIE Graphics is NOT supported in macOSMojave.
  • If you want to use your currently listed Motherboard +CPU, you have to remove that PCIE card from the Motherboard and use Intel HD 4600 from your i5 4690T or get another PCIE Card supported in Mojave
  • If you want any detailed help, you need to upload the CLOVER folder from macOSMojave USB Installer as zipped file and BIOS screen images as PNG or JPG to the Forum using steps listed -> #33

• Your uploaded Verbose screen shots are suggestive of Graphics related problem
  • Your AMD Radeon 7770 PCIE Graphics is NOT supported in macOSMojave.
  • If you want to use your currently listed Motherboard +CPU, you have to remove that PCIE card from the Motherboard and use Intel HD 4600 from your i5 4690T or get another PCIE Card supported in Mojave
  • If you want any detailed help, you need to upload the CLOVER folder from macOSMojave USB Installer as zipped file and BIOS screen images as PNG or JPG to the Forum using steps listed -> #33

thanks for your reply. I was under the impression that AMD cards wouldn't be an issue and that the issue was with Nvidia cards

thanks for your reply. I was under the impression that AMD cards wouldn't be an issue and that the issue was with Nvidia cards
In general, it is fair to say, most current AMD Cards and some older Nvidia GTX and GT cards are natively supported.

I have not seen a well documented macOSMojave with AMD Radeon 7770 from my search.
If you are sure it works, then there must be issues in your CLOVER and/ or BIOS options.
Anyway without those data , it is hard to say why you are not able to use a MoBO and CPU that will support Mojave 10.14.X up to current 10.14.4.

Edited to add: Check the link for a failedRadeon 7770 in Mojave -> #20

Last edited:
Here is the clover folder from my USB for further advice. Although I had disabled the 7770 from the BIOS I have now completely removed it from the PC and still having issues.

Attachments

• CLOVER copy.zip
    3 MB · Views: 66
Here is the clover folder from my USB for further advice. Although I had disabled the 7770 from the BIOS I have now completely removed it from the PC and still having issues.

Although I had disabled the 7770 from the BIOS I have now completely removed it from the PC and still having issues.
  • No Verbose boot Image to find the "issues"
  • No BIOS screen shots as suggested.
  • Uploaded config.plist_ SECTIONS
    • ACPI shows no DSDT Patches
    • Boot shows [√] nv_disable=1 with NO Nvidia PCIE on the MoBo.
    • Gui desirable to add Preboot to "Hide Volumes" to get a clean and lean CBM Screen without clutter and confusion from several icons after APFS formatting of Target Hard disk
    • Graphics shows [√]Inject ATI -> causes Graphics failure during boot.
    • Kernel and Kext Patches OK
    • Rt Variables -CsrActiveConfig =0x30 (SIP ENABLED) -> must be 0x67 (System Integrity Protection Disabled ]
    • SMBIOS OK
    • System Parameters OK

• No Verbose boot Image to find the "issues"
  • No BIOS screen shots as suggested.
  • Uploaded config.plist_ SECTIONS
    • ACPI shows no DSDT Patches
    • Boot shows [√] nv_disable=1 with NO Nvidia PCIE on the MoBo.
    • Gui desirable to add Preboot to "Hide Volumes" to get a clean and lean CBM Screen without clutter and confusion from several icons after APFS formatting of Target Hard disk
    • Graphics shows [√]Inject ATI -> causes Graphics failure during boot.
    • Kernel and Kext Patches OK
    • Rt Variables -CsrActiveConfig =0x30 (SIP ENABLED) -> must be 0x67 (System Integrity Protection Disabled ]
    • SMBIOS OK
    • System Parameters OK

Are you able to confirm for me what DSDT Patches are? I'm not sure on what that means.

I don't have Nvidia at all so I'm not really concerned about that for the time being.

As things stand right now I've got a working Hackintosh and I've had a play with Multibeast to get patches and drivers injected. I have working Ethernet now. I haven't tried the audio yet but I am looking on eBay for a more up to date AMD GFX card now. Something like an RX580 to go in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back