Contribute
Register

2560x1440 resolution HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
rael11, thanks for your suggestion!

I managed to change HEX in the framebuffer file you suggested, but after reboot I am only getting 5 MB of memory on HD 4600 instead of 1500 MB and the resolution is 1024x768 only. Have I done something wrong?

Maybe, but how often do these things go right the first time anyway :)

There's a standard procedure I've seen that I follow for patching which ensures that the permissions are correct, caches are rebuilt, etc., maybe something is missing in your process?

1) copy the kext to the Desktop
2) duplicate it there so you have a backup
3) edit the copy of the kext on the Desktop
4) launch kextbeast, which handles all of the installation details, replacing the original in /S/L/E

I appreciate your trying this out, maybe there will end up being some variations on the solution.

rael11, thanks! I tried it out and it seems the kext installed correctly this time, although 2560x1440 didn't appear in the list of resolutions anyway.

I already ordered a cheap dedicated card with DisplayPort and will check how it goes.

Friend can you recommend a cheap graphics card with display port?
I have Intel HD4600 and i cannot get 1440p on yosemite or mavericks with hdmi or dvi.

Friend can you recommend a cheap graphics card with display port?
I have Intel HD4600 and i cannot get 1440p on yosemite or mavericks with hdmi or dvi.

Also interested... I have a Dell U2715H and no display port on my card.... Would prefer something silent as I don't game on my hack...

I have the same issue with my Dell U2715H. With Asus GT 610 card it will only display 2048x1536 as max resolution.
However I'm able to set the resolution to 2560x1440@30 with SwitchResX, maybe there is also a way to enter this resolution manually in a plist file?

I'm in a similar boat, curious if that patch will allow for HDMI of 2560x1440 as well as 2560x1080? I think it's beyond me either way.

Anyone else have ideas? I just bought a 2560x1440 27" AOC monitor and I'd like to get full use of it, otherwise will just take it back and get a cheaper 1080p model and call it a day (I don't have space for a gpu w/ DP) as HDMI limit makes it pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back