Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,

I am running 10.12.6 on a rig based on Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC, i7-4770K, HD 4600 iGPU. The monitor is a 27'' Philips 272P4QP that is connected via HDMI or DP (currently HDMI, ideally DP). The max resolution of the monitor is 2560x1440. The max res of the mainboard/iGPU via HDMI/DP @ 60Hz (I don't care about higher resolution at lower frequencies) is 2560x1600.

However, in macOS I only can go up to FHD (1080p). I tried to use this patch from Toleda :
https://github.com/toleda/graphics_Intel_framebuffers
but I'm stuck at the very beginning since IIUC I need to chose which .command patch file to run based on the HDMI port that I should identify using IOJones. When I search for IGPU or GFX0 in IOJones, it doesn't find anything...

Sorry for being such a noob but I will be very grateful for any help that could be provided to me right now...

Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Best,
-a-

PS: Using DP, I get to clover and then macOS starts loading but then I get a blank screen... I can access the hackintosh remotely but nothing on the main display for some reason...

Last edited:
I don't have a specific helpful answer but using HD4000 via displayport worked with no issues at 2560x1440 for me, so I would have hoped a better graphics option worked as well!

I don't have a specific helpful answer but using HD4000 via displayport worked with no issues at 2560x1440 for me, so I would have hoped a better graphics option worked as well!
Thanks.
Indeed it would be helpful to know if my issues are common or if I am facing something unusual. From what I could read on the forum I assume that this is something common...
Thank you for your input.
Best,
-a-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back