Graphics
RX560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello.
Hopefully I can get some help on my hackintosh.
I'm working with a i5 3570k, ga-z77nwifi. I've got everything up and running pretty smoothly.
Here's my problem. I wanna use my late 09 27in iMac as a display for my build. I figured I would buy a atlona at-dp400 to get my video signal to the iMac. But it seems like its limited to
720p resolution. Which looks crappy on the iMac. According to atlona website, the at-dp400
can display 2560*1440 with a dual link video card. I don't really understand that part.
Thats where I need some help. Would I just add a supported graphics card from tony list and use that with the adapter to get the resolution I'm after ?

Hi - I see you didn't get a response to this, but wondered what you ended up doing? Did you get the AT-DP400, and if so what is the resolution/performance like?

Hello.
Hopefully I can get some help on my hackintosh.
I'm working with a i5 3570k, ga-z77nwifi. I've got everything up and running pretty smoothly.
Here's my problem. I wanna use my late 09 27in iMac as a display for my build. I figured I would buy a atlona at-dp400 to get my video signal to the iMac. But it seems like its limited to
720p resolution. Which looks crappy on the iMac. According to atlona website, the at-dp400
can display 2560*1440 with a dual link video card. I don't really understand that part.
Thats where I need some help. Would I just add a supported graphics card from tony list and use that with the adapter to get the resolution I'm after ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back