1. 512K
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
2787035531_066ba1ee85.jpeg

Quick Fix: Z370/200/X299 Series Kaby Lake Audio
Onboard and/or UHD 6x0 HDMI Audio

The Z370/200/X299 Series/Kaby Lake HD Audio Controller is currently not supported in released versions of macOS (developer builds, excepted). Symptoms are audio devices present, iTunes not playing and no sound.

Fix: Patch the Skylake Audio Controller (0xa170) for Z370/200/X299 (0xa2fo) series motherboards

Supports 10.14+, 10.13+, 10.12.6, 10.12.5 and 10.12.4.

Changes
3/3/18, removed AppleHDA binary patch, added MultiBeast option

Solutions (select and install one solution only)
  1. MultiBeaast 10.2 and newer: MultiBeast > Drivers > Audio > RealtekALCxxx >
    • √ 200 / 300 Series /X299 Audio Device ID Patch
  2. RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID
    • Download: OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID / Downloads
      • Install (use kext installer to /L/E)
        • FakePCIID.kext (if not installed previously)
        • FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
  3. Edit config.plist (Xcode) - Must be removed before installing/updating native 200/300 Series Audio supported/AppleHDA.kext (one choice, remove before installing a different choice)
Not working/Post to thread linked with requested files attached:
  1. No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/II. Problem Reporting.
Credit
dgsga/Native ALC1220 audio for 200-series motherboards
BJY1991/Not work on X299 Motherboard

Last edited:
Toleda-

Thanks for the post- this will be a super helpful resource for 200 Series users. :thumbup:

Perfect guide as always.

Fix: Patch the Sandy Lake Audio Controller (0xa170) for Kaby Lake (0xa2fo)

Typo.
I think you meant "Skylake", not "Sandy Lake"...

Weird, AppleALC 1.1.1 works just fine for my motherboard - GA-Z270X-UD3, with the same 100 series clover patches in config.plist, and the audio layout inject on 7 or 11. I've been using it for over a month with no probs.

The only weirdness is the audio system prefs routes the actual "line out" port to the label "internal speakers". Front headphone port works fine! I was hoping to try your new layout id 1 or 2 in v 1.1.2 to see if that fixed it - https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/blob/master/Changelog.md

Last edited:
Thank you! I found that new build shortly after reading another post.

Results are about the same with inject layout 1, actual line out port still works fine, still only works if on "Internal Speakers" label in software routing. With layout 2 - "line in" port and "rear" were outputs when switching between the two software entries for "line out", internal speakers didn't work.

Thanks anyhow, I'll still with it and stay on layout 1 / internal speakers (same as v1.1.1 with layout 11) - I use a firewire DAC for my audio monitors, this was for using my stereo receiver & speakers.

Output signal seems to be a bit hotter under "internal speakers" anyway.

EDIT/UPDATE:
I went back to AppleALC v1.1.1 - and layout 11

With that v1.1.2 compile, my front port headphones were crackling something crazy - like when you have a loose or old headphone jack and it shorts out as you wiggle it - that's the sound I was getting, like a series of phase cancellations - rear port was ok.

Last edited:
Patch AppleHDA.kext (use hex editor)
  • Copy System/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext to Desktop
  • Edit Desktop/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/MacOS

MacOS is a folder. The only file inside is AppleHDAController. Do I edit that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back