Contribute
Register

2020 Hackintosh Build Advice - Am I on the right track?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 3 WiFi
CPU
Intel Core i5-9400
Graphics
XFX Radon 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone,

My name is Tyler and I recently upgraded from Premier Pro CS6 to Premier Pro CC 2020, only to find that my 2013 Macbook Pro can no longer even handle proxy files in the program. So after going down a rabbit hole looking into eGPU's I stumbled across a video where someone suggested spending the money on a Hackintosh instead. I have previous experience building Hackintosh computers and built my first one probably 15 years years ago, and back then it was a hellish process to get everything to work. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Hackintosh community has really come a long way and the process of getting things up and running seems to have gotten a lot easier! Anywho, forking out $3000+ for a current (and yet dated) iMac is not in the cards so dusting off my PC building skills it is.

Here is what I've narrowed my build down to... Any advice on components would be greatly appreciated!
Processor = Intel i5-9400 - 2.9ghz 6 core
Motherboard = Gigabyte H370 AORUS Gaming 3 WIFI
GPU = XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition
RAM = Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4
SSD = Samsung 860 EVO 1TB (I already own this)
Power Supply = EVGA 650w
Liquid Cooling = Cooler Master MasterLiquid LC240E

From my understanding the above parts should work fairly well for my needs as well as be quite compatible with OSX. My goal is to build a fairly straight forward Hackintosh that can handle editing/color grading 4k video in Premier Pro that is somewhat future proof and will require minimal work to get running smoothly (I am ok with some work to get things going but the more plug and play the better).

Am I on the right track? If there are better options at similar price points let me know!

Thanks.

that will be a great hackintosh, go for it
ayway do not expect the wifi to work so look for a mobo without wifi and buy a broadcom card into PCIE slot. the intel wifi does not work in MACOS

Thanks for putting your list up, I have no idea what I am doing & will be interested to see how yours turns out, as I am kinda in the same boat. And just to be sure, you are building a tower?

Thanks for putting your list up, I have no idea what I am doing & will be interested to see how yours turns out, as I am kinda in the same boat. And just to be sure, you are building a tower?
you know there is a section of golden builds wit tutorials?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back