Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
/
CPU
/
Graphics
/
Hello everyone. I start this new thread to get your advice. I got a cube recently and I would like to know what is the best configuration for this fall/early 2020, fittable into the Cube.

No limited budget, just a stable config, I do not know if it's possible to use a motherboard with thunderbolt 3 to possibly use an eGPU, etc...

Thanks all in advance.

Mini-ITx or Mini-STX or NUC are your motherboard choices. Having built several cubes, there are things to consider: do you want to have the PSU internal or external; original locking mechanism or modified; high power GPU or minimal for power/heat; modified case or original? An internal PSU will have to be either picoPSU with limited CPU/GPU power or FlexPSU up to 600W. High power GPU may need external radiator or opening the back or putting some perforations. Motherboard placement may limit the locations where you can put ventilation if you want the original look or modified case. I will be attempting an R9 Nano and Z170N in the near future, not the newest, but space/power/heat are major concerns.
6493F8C0-566D-4177-9E50-D04966C77201.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back