2018:Need advice on Snow Leopard installation on intel core i5 M2520

Discussion in 'Snow Leopard Laptop Support' started by SteppingLynx, Feb 11, 2018.

1. SteppingLynx

SteppingLynx

Feb 11, 2018 at 1:10 PM #1
    SteppingLynx

SteppingLynx

Hello, I stumbled onto this site years ago and am appreciate the folks in support of sites and beginners like me.

Here is what happened:

Dell Latitude E6420 (Amazon certified refurbished)
    Intel Core i5(2nd Gen) 2520M/2.5GHz
    Windows 10 Pro/ UEFI BIOS version A21
    New HDD with Windows 7
    I Boot (legacy)
    Snow Leopard OSX disc

I followed the basic set up instructions in a guide and had very little trouble up to the point of partitioning HD with SL disk utility. I was just tinkering around and was concerned about boot issues and thought I would hold off until I did my homework. I literally just started using windows a few weeks ago.

I later got a new HDD disk and put windows 7 on it and figured I would use that as the active HDD for running the full installation of SL.

Basically it didnt work the second time with same routine on either hdd, SL would spin away as usual just before it goes to language selection, then the screen blacks out and win 7 begins to boot. I tried everything possible to my knowledge and feel there is a bios setting that is in need of changing or diagnostic/repair.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...k

2. RehabMan

RehabMan Moderator

Motherboard:
    Intel DH67BL
    CPU:
    Core i7-2600K
    Graphics:
    Intel HD 3000
    Mac:
    MacBook Air
    Mobile Phone:
    iOS
    Feb 11, 2018 at 2:12 PM #2
    RehabMan

RehabMan Moderator

Motherboard:
    Intel DH67BL
    CPU:
    Core i7-2600K
    Graphics:
    Intel HD 3000
    Mac:
    MacBook Air
    Mobile Phone:
    iOS
    Since your hardware is very similar to the (Sandy Bridge) Probook, you might look at the Probook guide for clues.
    https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-to-installing-snow-leopard-on-hp-probook.78905/