Contribute
Register

2015 BEST Hackintosh Laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I callled Sager today, and they do not use Optimus, and apparently have a very open bios. They also seem to have options for Wifi, bluetooth, and pretty much everything else internal. The whole thing is actually a desktop underneath from the looks of their literature.

Its a Sager NP9772-S we're looking at. We would be configuring the following, nothing stands out from my research as a red flag, but if anyone sees anything out of the ordinary:

i7-4790K Processor
Intel® Z97 Express Chipset
NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 980M GPU or NVIDIA® Quadro™ K3100M (Still deciding)
Killer
N1525 Wifi

For WiFi, do your research...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Wifi is not strictly needed, I can use an adapter. I really just need the processor and video card to be functional up to their baseline specs. It seems that most people hackintosh to reduce the price of the machine, but unfortunately I'm in the camp that's being screwed by apple's streamlining everything to death, and not actually making their laptops more powerful. Thanks for the link, this place has been a fantastic resource!

Cheers!

... I really just need the processor and video card to be functional up to their baseline specs. ...

CPU not a problem.

Graphics chip... do the research (use search/google to see if others are successful with the one you're planning to order).

CPU not a problem.

Graphics chip... do the research (use search/google to see if others are successful with the one you're planning to order).

what about those without dedicated GPUs, like the dell xps13 with 4K display, it feels like a perfect hackintosh laptop in many ways.

what about those without dedicated GPUs, like the dell xps13 with 4K display, it feels like a perfect hackintosh laptop in many ways.

4k displays are problematic. But they can work (with limitations) with patching...

Wifi is not strictly needed, I can use an adapter. I really just need the processor and video card to be functional up to their baseline specs. It seems that most people hackintosh to reduce the price of the machine, but unfortunately I'm in the camp that's being screwed by apple's streamlining everything to death, and not actually making their laptops more powerful. Thanks for the link, this place has been a fantastic resource!

Cheers!

Go for Sager/Clevo laptop BUT be sure to find a guy who has nvidia cards working! I have a Clevo one with gtx 970m card that working fine only if in slot-1 (no displays attached), in slot-0 the laptop reboots!

I callled Sager today, and they do not use Optimus, and apparently have a very open bios. They also seem to have options for Wifi, bluetooth, and pretty much everything else internal. The whole thing is actually a desktop underneath from the looks of their literature.

Its a Sager NP9772-S we're looking at. We would be configuring the following, nothing stands out from my research as a red flag, but if anyone sees anything out of the ordinary:

i7-4790K Processor
Intel® Z97 Express Chipset
NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 980M GPU or NVIDIA® Quadro™ K3100M (Still deciding)
Killer
N1525 Wifi

Do you have any updates on this? Curious to see if it worked out for you.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
So, read through this whole thread and looks like there aren't any laptops at all that would work. Is that where we landed?

So, read through this whole thread and looks like there aren't any laptops at all that would work. Is that where we landed?

What laptop are you considering?

What are your requirements in the laptops that you're considering?

What laptop are you considering?

What are your requirements in the laptops that you're considering?

1. Most importantly a laptop with dedicated graphics card that would work.
2. 7 Series or above

:silent:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back