Contribute
Register

2014 Razer Blade Mackintosh PostInstall Questions/Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info Rehab. You can mark solved on the thread. I think my Yosemite install was a mess so I decided to run a fresh install of El Capitan instead. With new install of El Cap I have very few visible glitches/no lag and no mouse stutter. I am not sure what happened, but everything is running extremely smooth now. I had an issue with no keyboard input, but I fixed it with:
- DSDT edit rename of EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02.
- Install Kext FakePCIID_XHCIMux and USBInjectAll
- reboot

Before I installed El Cap, I figured out that I was indeed able to run FakeID of 0x04128086. It ended up being issues with the AppleIntelFrambufferAzul.kext. If anyone is curious and stumbles upon this thread. I will explain below how I had gotten it to run. I am not sure if this is the correct method but it helped me to boot with that FakeID.
- open up directory System/Library/Extensions
- copy AppleIntelFrambufferAzul.kext to desktop THEN delete AppleIntelFrambufferAzul.kext in Extensions folder
- reboot
- after reboot go to newly copied AppleIntelFrambufferAzul.kext
- right click AppleIntelFrambufferAzul.kext and show folder contents
- find info.plist.
- Open info.plist with Xcode
Code:
add: IOKitPersonalities/AppleIntelMEIDriver/IOPCIPrimaryMatch/0x8cba8086
- You add above through adding tree in info.plist.
-In IOKitPersonalities click the + sign
-Add underneath IOKitPersonalites : AppleIntelMEIDriver
-Then change value of AppleIntelMEIDriver to Dictionary
-Add underneath AppleIntelMEIDriver by clicking + sign: add IOPCIPrimaryMatch
-Add to value: 0x8cba8086
- Now add 0x4168086 to AppleIntelFramebufferController/IOPCIPrimaryMatch within info.plist. (look around subdirectories within info.plist that was opened in Xcode it should already be a tree directory)
- Save
- Use KextWizard to load the newly edited AppleIntelFrambufferAzul.kext into SLE
- restart.
- Now you can boot with either:
- 0412 instead of 0416 fakeID
- 0416 also natively

Attached a picture of what it looks like when finished.

The guide is below, but seeing as I was fairly new to this I had to search a lot to find out what exactly to do. Hopefully my quick rundown above will help someone else understand better.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...acceleration-on-9-series-motherboards.134690/

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 3.01.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 3.01.46 PM.png
    192.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Thanks for the info Rehab. You can mark solved on the thread. I think my Yosemite install was a mess so I decided to run a fresh install of El Capitan instead. With new install of El Cap I have very few visible glitches/no lag and no mouse stutter. I am not sure what happened, but everything is running extremely smooth now. I had an issue with no keyboard input, but I fixed it with:
- DSDT edit rename of EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02.
- Install Kext FakePCIID_XHCIMux and USBInjectAll
- reboot

Before I installed El Cap, I figured out that I was indeed able to run FakeID of 0x04128086. It ended up being issues with the AppleIntelFrambufferAzul.kext. If anyone is curious and stumbles upon this thread. I will explain below how I had gotten it to run. I am not sure if this is the correct method but it helped me to boot with that FakeID.
- open up directory System/Library/Extensions
- copy AppleIntelFrambufferAzul.kext to desktop THEN delete AppleIntelFrambufferAzul.kext in Extensions folder
- reboot
- after reboot go to newly copied AppleIntelFrambufferAzul.kext
- right click AppleIntelFrambufferAzul.kext and show folder contents
- find info.plist.
- Open info.plist with Xcode
Code:
add: IOKitPersonalities/AppleIntelMEIDriver/IOPCIPrimaryMatch/0x8cba8086
- You add above through adding tree in info.plist.
-In IOKitPersonalities click the + sign
-Add underneath IOKitPersonalites : AppleIntelMEIDriver
-Then change value of AppleIntelMEIDriver to Dictionary
-Add underneath AppleIntelMEIDriver by clicking + sign: add IOPCIPrimaryMatch
-Add to value: 0x8cba8086
- Now add 0x4168086 to AppleIntelFramebufferController/IOPCIPrimaryMatch within info.plist. (look around subdirectories within info.plist that was opened in Xcode it should already be a tree directory)
- Save
- Use KextWizard to load the newly edited AppleIntelFrambufferAzul.kext into SLE
- restart.
- Now you can boot with either:
- 0412 instead of 0416 fakeID
- 0416 also natively

Attached a picture of what it looks like when finished.

The guide is below, but seeing as I was fairly new to this I had to search a lot to find out what exactly to do. Hopefully my quick rundown above will help someone else understand better.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...acceleration-on-9-series-motherboards.134690/

No need to modify any graphics kext Info.plist. Just use FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086.

No need to modify any graphics kext Info.plist. Just use FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086.

Sorry in advance to bumping this post. I just wanted to add on that I now have a 100% working Hackintosh. Whoo! I did it with the help of you Rehabman, your guides, and this post below... plus tons of reading:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...penabler-igplatformid-and-igpdeviceid.131937/
The only ID's that worked for me to enable graphics are the two below. All other ID's caused a panic.

I decided to methodically try each and every IGPlatformID for Intel HD 4400*/4600/5000 (Azul).

The IGplatformID worked for me to get graphics to work are:
0x0A2E0008 (this one works best for me)
0x0D260007 (this one works also but the mouse will be unresponsive for the about 15seconds at first boot then it will be fine)

Also my FakeID/IntelGFX in my config.plist is still as suggested by RehabMan.
0x04128086

My original IGplatformID is below which would allow me to boot into the OS so I can edit everything I needed. You will need to change this in order to get graphics to work correctly:
0x01660004

I uploaded my config.plist if anyone wanted to view.
BTW this also fixed the brightness issues. I now have controllable brightness. I am now able to adjust resolution also!

Thanks again! I hope my post will help someone if they have issues also.

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.7 KB · Views: 237
Sorry in advance to bumping this post. I just wanted to add on that I now have a 100% working Hackintosh. Whoo! I did it with the help of you Rehabman, your guides, and this post below... plus tons of reading:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...penabler-igplatformid-and-igpdeviceid.131937/
The only ID's that worked for me to enable graphics are the two below. All other ID's caused a panic.

I decided to methodically try each and every IGPlatformID for Intel HD 4400*/4600/5000 (Azul).

The IGplatformID worked for me to get graphics to work are:
0x0A2E0008 (this one works best for me)
0x0D260007 (this one works also but the mouse will be unresponsive for the about 15seconds at first boot then it will be fine)

Also my FakeID/IntelGFX in my config.plist is still as suggested by RehabMan.
0x04128086

My original IGplatformID is below which would allow me to boot into the OS so I can edit everything I needed. You will need to change this in order to get graphics to work correctly:
0x01660004

I uploaded my config.plist if anyone wanted to view.
BTW this also fixed the brightness issues. I now have controllable brightness. I am now able to adjust resolution also!

Thanks again! I hope my post will help someone if they have issues also.

0xa2e0008 is typically used with laptops that have UHD/4k displays... and where DVMT-prealloc is 64mb.
0x1660004 is for Ivy Bridge, invalid for Haswell. Typically, if you want to use an invalid ig-platform-id, use 0x12345678

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back