Contribute
Register

2013 Mac Pro - My variation

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it is the very same 'lunar bin', but i turned the PSU by 90° to fit it sideways behind the board. I also bought a 40cm rectangular extension power chord. basically you have a 5 mm buffer zone between the PSU and the mainboard.

Can anyone tell me how to get the hdmi audio working?
Anybody tried using the internal usb 3.0 pins yet?

Best Regards,
Niksda

I finally received my extension 90 ° HDI, I can take my final dimensions and finish my installation.
Next week I order the Authentics Lunar Waste Bin.

Great rendering! My only question is about the base plate above the power supply. Is there enough open area for air to pass? I was worried that the PSU fan alone would not pass enough cool air to feed the top fan. I would be especially concerned about the GPU not having a source of cool air.
3D rendering is only a test, the plate will be different to allow the air properly

Hi Bouly,
Nice top plate. Is it possible to post source file for 3D printing ?
Are you building a 2014 Mac Pro ?
Yes well I make a 2014 Mac Pro. I shows the correct installation of 'JuanLobo', 'whom I thank for his work sharing, I modify and refine a few points. I want my mod is just like the original.
I will spread without any problems 3D source files when they are finished, ready for printing

No it is the very same 'lunar bin', but i turned the PSU by 90° to fit it sideways behind the board. I also bought a 40cm rectangular extension power chord. basically you have a 5 mm buffer zone between the PSU and the mainboard.

Can anyone tell me how to get the hdmi audio working?
Anybody tried using the internal usb 3.0 pins yet?

Best Regards,
Niksda

I haven't used the internal USB pins... only the back panel. They should "just work" and not require the 3rd party USB 3 driver at all. At least my back panel USB 3 works fine with no driver.

As for HDMI audio, It works great with the nVidia card, but I didn't get it to work with the onboard HDMI connections. You'll have to dig into the threads that toleda moderates for more info on that.

Great mod, but I do have to wonder, Why didn't you go with black to match the actual mac pro

Just to be different.... and someone in my house likes Purple... not that I will ever let her have it..... muhaha.

it is better to install windows first and then MacOS or otherwise

I set up my config to test under win7, everything works.
But I have a problem with screen resolution:
in dvi: 1920x1200
in HDMI: 1920x1080

is it to get a resolution of 1920x1200 in hdmi??

it is better to install windows first and then MacOS or otherwise

I did... but I don't know that it makes a difference. I used legacy bios setting, and formatted the drive with OSX as 2 partitions, using MBR format. When installing Windows, at the select a partition screen, I hit the drive options (advanced) to reformat the FAT partition to NTFS, and then installed to it.

Oh man, i really have no clue about the guide by toleda.
Did anybody fix the audio problem by following his guide? Would anyone be so kind to help me get it working?
Maybe via teamviewer. Just PM me to set a Date.

I would really much appreciate it.

Niksda

BTW: I tried to use an USB Hub but it didnt work properly, any ideas how to adress this problem?

I never got the HDMI audio working on the build in ports. Using another patch from Toleda got the nVidia HDMI audio working. It appears to be generally frowned upon to upload patches, even if it is for specific set of hardware, just because even the same hardware can have different versions needing different patches.... Still, I would look for another thread using the same logic board and see if someone can describe what patches they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back