Contribute
Register

2013 Haswell MacBook Air Geekbench Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relatively speaking, it is almost TWICE AS FAST as your iMac.
That is, the new Air is ONLY running at 1.7Ghz and yielding almost the same result as your iMac is running at 3.2Ghz :!:
If this new notebook Haswell could run at the same speed as your iMac, it would yield almost TWICE the GB score.

come on guys, seriously, have you completely forgotten about hyper threading and turbo boost.
The base clock is 1.7 GHZ for the i7 MBA 2013, or 1.3GHZ i5. The turbo boosts are about 3.3 and 2.6 GHZ respectively. This is how the macbook airs get good scores.

Also, don't bother comparing your 3770 i7 to the 4650U i7, one is built for the very highest end desktops, and is very highly overclockable, and has 8 threads, the other is build for a system that barely even has a fan, so it only has 4 threads, and can only go up to 3.3ghz part of the time (on one core). Why the tradeoff? the 4650U is built to use 15 watts! the 3770 can use 77 watts!

come on guys, seriously, have you completely forgotten about hyper threading and turbo boost.
The base clock is 1.7 GHZ for the i7 MBA 2013, or 1.3GHZ i5. The turbo boosts are about 3.3 and 2.6 GHZ respectively. This is how the macbook airs get good scores.

Also, don't bother comparing your 3770 i7 to the 4650U i7, one is built for the very highest end desktops, and is very highly overclockable, and has 8 threads, the other is build for a system that barely even has a fan, so it only has 4 threads, and can only go up to 3.3ghz part of the time (on one core). Why the tradeoff? the 4650U is built to use 15 watts! the 3770 can use 77 watts!

+1

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-24 at 23.47.32.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-24 at 23.47.32.png
    110.6 KB · Views: 518
Of course your older MBA is faster. Intel has set up a lower Thermal Design Power Limit and also packed a chip inside the CPU that has been on the motherboard before. That chips TDP is around 4W and with a lower TDP in total for the CPU it has to be lower clocked.

Of course your older MBA is faster. Intel has set up a lower Thermal Design Power Limit and also packed a chip inside the CPU that has been on the motherboard before. That chips TDP is around 4W and with a lower TDP in total for the CPU it has to be lower clocked.

Its not older its the 2013 haswell macbook air..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back