Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Please excuse (and correct) any Noob mistakes... First Hackintosh build

As described I completed the build and have attempted numerous suggestions with regard to addressing the NO audio issue. Any help would be appreciated.

BUILD
- GA-Z77-DS3H BIOS (F9), Version 1.1
- Using onboard DVI graphics
- i5 3570k
- Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 8GB (4GBx2) 1600MHz
- CX600 600W Power Supply
- SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD
- TP-Link TLWDN4800 Wireless PCIe

SOFTWARE
- OSX 10.8.4
- Unibeast 1.7.0
- Multibeast 5.3.1

METHODOLOGY
- Clean install of OSX 10.8.4 via Unibeast
- Boot OSX with -x flag
- Download and move to desktop MB
- Install UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
- Reboot
- Boot is fine w/o refinements to GraphicsEnabler=NO; Display is fine except for "skippy" images noticed on Apple.com when images change, but I will post this issue in the correct forum and after this issue is defined; no audio; have not explored USB3.0 issues and aren't applicable here.

FIXING AUDIO (Attempts)
I.
-Install MBs Driver>Audio>Realtek ALC8xx>Without DSDT>ALC887 Current

- -v GraphicsEnabler=No renders

WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
-- power management may be incomplete or unsupported
2.543955: setDISASSOC from ATH_INTERFACE_CLASS disconnectVap
2.548013: switch Vap from 1 to 1
2.555056: ATHR unknown locale:21
2.558837: performCountryCodeOperation: Not conntected, scan in progress[0]
2.564672: setWOW_PARAMETERS:wowevents = 2(1)
2.572326: ATHR: unknown locale:21
2.576881: ATHR: unknown locale:21
2.646082: setWOW_PARAMETERS:wowevents = 2(1)
Sound Assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 360
Sound Assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 360
en1: BSSID changed to 20:76:00:6a:cc:04
en1: IO80211Interface: :postMessage bssid changed
Airport: Link Up on en1
3.627667: apple80211Request[10310] Unsupported ioctl 181
en1: BSSID changed to 20:76:00:6a:cc:04
en1: IO80211Interface: :postMessage bssid changed
AirPort: RSN handshake complete on en1
3.877375: ATHR: unknown locale:21
3.886582: ATHR: unknown locale:21
3.895710: ATHR: unknown locale:21
macx_swapon Success

FREEZE

-Reboot with only -v renders

(similar to above with different numbers (e.g., 2.463615 vs 2.543955, 2.463628 vs 2.548013, etc.) with same verbiage. 4.275805 vs 3.877375 and similar number changes, but again, with same verbiage following )
macx_swapon Success
DRMStatus: iTunes/Apple Store Content Access Problem. Content playback may be disabled on this computer. You can continue to used the machine, but you should contact an Apple support representative. ErrorCode: 8877652

FREEZE

-Reboot only possible with -x flag

II.
-Reboot with -x flag

-Install MBs Driver>Network>Atheros - Shailua's ALXth... for ethernet support (??? Only because it was in the original instructions ???)

-Reboot with -v flag

some different verbiage and #s after the Warning: IOPlatformPluginUtil..., but fewer than above. Never the less:
macx_swapon Success
DRMStatus: iTunes/Apple Store Content Access Problem. Content playback may be disabled on this computer. You can continue to used the machine, but you should contact an Apple support representative. ErrorCode: 8877652

FREEZE

- -v GraphicsEnabler=No renders

Again, same warning: IOPlatformPluinUtil...,

macx_swapon Success

FREEZE

III.
Reboot with -x flag

-add Verbost Boot and UseKernelCache=Yes via MB.
-Verbose for simplicity
-UseKernelCache=Yes as recommended in some posts

Warning still there....diff #s, similar verbiage, etc.

macx_swapon Success

FREEZE

IV.

Reboot with -x flag

4 days of clean installs and variations of the above with no success.

No Audio ever present aside from a few pops upon boot after installing ALC887 Driver from MB. Never able to boot without -x flag or clean install (without the 887 Driver).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No Audio ever present aside from a few pops upon boot after installing ALC887 Driver from MB. Never able to boot without -x flag or clean install (without the 887 Driver).
-x boot disables audio. None of the messages above prevent boot. You have a boot problem, likely graphics, not an audio problem; off topic.
Try Chimera and GraphicEnabler=Yes.

-x boot disables audio. None of the messages above prevent boot. You have a boot problem, likely graphics, not an audio problem; off topic.
Try Chimera and GraphicEnabler=Yes.

toleda-

Thank you for the input! As I stated, I began with solely installing UserDSDT/DSDT-Free Installation. Chimera2.0.1 r2109 is included with this install, correct? The system DOES boot to desktop at this stage, just without audio.

--So--

I installed the suggested audio files using MB (w/o DSDT>ALC887>Current). This results in the system not booting to desktop and renders the contact apple support message whether booting with GraphicsEnabler=No "or" Yes. For the latter system freezes at macx_swapon Success.

-x boot is the only flag that will allow me to return to the desktop after installing the audio drivers (presumably since, as you said, it disables audio).

No combination of UseKernelCache=Yes "or" No and GraphicsEnabler=Yes "or" No enables a boot to the desktop, either.

Am I still missing something?

toleda-

Thank you for the input! As I stated, I began with solely installing UserDSDT/DSDT-Free Installation. Chimera2.0.1 r2109 is included with this install, correct? The system DOES boot to desktop at this stage, just without audio.

I installed the suggested audio files using MB (w/o DSDT>ALC887>Current). This results in the system not booting to desktop and renders the contact apple support message whether booting with GraphicsEnabler=No "or" Yes. For the latter system freezes at macx_swapon Success.
Clarify:
1. The system DOES boot to desktop at this stage, without UniBeast (y/n)?
2. MB (w/o DSDT>ALC887>Current), attach a screenshot.
3. renders the contact apple support message, on the desktop (y/n)?
4. system freezes at macx_swapon Success, GE=Y (y/n)?
5. system freezes at macx_swapon Success, GE=N (y/n)?

?
Clarify:
1. The system DOES boot to desktop at this stage, without UniBeast (y/n)?
3. renders the contact apple support message, on the desktop (y/n)?
4. system freezes at macx_swapon Success, GE=Y (y/n)?
5. system freezes at macx_swapon Success, GE=N (y/n)?

Thanks again and sorry for the confusion

Clarify:
1. The system DOES boot to desktop at this stage, without UniBeast (y/n)? YES

Correct. I am able to install OSX 10.8.4 with UniBeast 1.7.0, select my OSX Drive with the -x flag, and reach the desktop. At this point I have wireless capabilities and download Multibeast 5.3.1. After this download, I install "UserDSDT/DSDT-Free Installation". I can shut down the system, remove the flash drive, and without flags, am able to get to the desktop with good graphics, just no audio.

dsdt.jpg
Next intuitive step would be to install audio files, which I do as shown in your 2nd question.

realtek.jpg

3. renders the contact apple support message, on the desktop (y/n) NO, to clarify:

After the ALC887 install, when attempting restart OSX, I am not able to return to desktop. If I use -v flag, the following are the last lines before the computer freezes:

macx_swapon Success
IMG_0482.jpg
4. system freezes at macx_swapon Success, GE=Y (y/n)? Yes, as above.

With GraphicsEnabler=Yes I get the message noted in your question 3.

5. system freezes at macx_swapon Success, GE=N (y/n)? Yes.

With GraphicsEnabler=No I get the message:

macx_swapon Success
IMG_0483.jpg
After your ?s 2-5, I am able to return to my desktop if I use the -x flag. Such was the case with the screenshots provided, as the system's current state is: clean 10.8.4 install, MB UserDSDT/DSDTFree install, Realtek ALC887 Current install, and boot to desktop using -x flag (out of necessity).
---------------------------------------------------
Noob Question-
Just to be sure, after the MB UserDSDT/DSDT-Free Installation and rebooting, I will always have the black screen with the imitation apple and mt. lion with the "press any button to enter setup" correct? That's a part of the Hackintosh build, correct?
IMG_0481.jpg
Thanks again.

1. The system DOES boot to desktop at this stage, without UniBeast (y/n)? YES

3. renders the contact apple support message, on the desktop (y/n) NO, to clarify:

Just to be sure, after the MB UserDSDT/DSDT-Free Installation and rebooting, I will always have the black screen with the imitation apple and mt. lion with the "press any button to enter setup" correct?
The iTunes DRM message (Y/N), means the framebuffer did not load because of GE=N, does not prevent boot.

The freeze is likely a graphics problem.

That is the Chimera boot screen.

Try another clean install MB/User DSDT/DSDT Free, restart with no boot flags, no Unibeast installer, and no audio. Attach a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

Fresh installing now with your advice. Will update. TY! :beachball:

jtb

The iTunes DRM message (Y/N), means the framebuffer did not load because of GE=N, does not prevent boot.

The freeze is likely a graphics problem.

That is the Chimera boot screen.

Try another clean install MB/User DSDT/DSDT Free, restart with no boot flags, no Unibeast installer, and no audio. Attach a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

Unibeast 1.7.0 with OSX 10.4.8
Partition SanDisk (OSX)
Install OSX 10.4.8
Restart
Select OSX and -x flag (attempted w/o initially to no avail)
Completed OSX setup, logged in to OSX
Download MB 5.3.1
Moved MB to desktop
Opened MB
Cont Cont Cont Agree...
"UserDSDT/DSDT Free" selected
Install successful
Eject UniBeast
Restart
OSX Desktop - No Sound, Flickery Video when images change ie on apple.com, but I digress. Audio for now.

Opened IOREG, Save a copy as...
Compressed...

Here we are!
:sick:

I am interested, so if you have will, I'd be interested to know what you're looking for and how it's interpreted... As little or much detail as you see fit...:angel:

Attachments

• Johnathon’s Mac Pro.ioreg.zip
    289.6 KB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back